Gunco Forums banner

full auto blank firing gun

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Shadow Walker 
#1 ·
if one was to take an ak receiver bent from a flat, weld the trunnion to it and weld the barrel to it then weld the blank firing adapter to the end of the trunion would this convert it to a ''non gun'' enabling you to drill the forbidin third hole and make it fully automatic with no taxes or paperwork?

#2 ·
No. Actually, hell no!

What would welding the flat-bent receiver, trunnion and barrel together do to make it a non-gun?

And, even if welding the BFA to the barrel would keep it from firing rounds (it wouldn't), a hacksaw and five minutes to remove the BFA and barrel end puts it back into FA bullet hose condition.

#4 ·
Some [most?] of those blank firing guns actually have the bolt in the front, so that if you put a real barrel on it and stuffed real ammo in one, the bullets would come out the stock end. The bolt cycles to the front rather than cycling to the rear.

#5 ·
just buy one all made. I got the one form sportsmans guide , I bet is was less money that a home build and works great,,
I brought it to a friends house and fired a bunch, you should have seen the neibors faces when I switched from semi to burst, them full auto!!! HAHAHAHAH Screw um.. HAHAHAH
hay here it is !! check it out , it is a lot of fun
ASI UZI Blank Firing UZI - Automatic Blank Firing Guns - Blank-Guns-Depot.com

#9 ·
You start by drawing up diagrams of how it works and send it in to their tech branch and ask for a ruling of gun or not. They will look at it and decide. If the answer is non gun, building a prototype (preferable semi auto only at this point) and submitting it would be the way to go to CYA.

#11 ·
Some of the Hollywood blank guns are propane fired, the outer shell looks like a real gun but inside it's just a combustion chamber and a spark igniter. Flame shoots out the muzzle and looks/sounds like an MG. If you look real careful at Warren Beatty shooting the Tommy gun in Dick Tracy you can see the propane hose laying on the ground and running up his pant leg to feed the gun. Something like that would easily pass muster as long as the "receiver" couldn't accept cartridge firing parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.