Gunco Forums banner

FULL AUTO AK-74

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  JohnnyBfromAZ 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm in the market for a full auto sbr AK-74 any opinions on a good source to get one or manufacturer preference? I already have a trust just need the gun and stamp.

#6 ·
Newly made MGs were banned back in 1986, the only full auto a civillian can legally own these days has to have been on their books before May 1986. Now, an actual AK74 that was built before then would be a stupidly expensive rarity, but several people have bought AKMs and had them rebuilt into krinkovs and such before new bare receivers became available. Not a cheap conversion and it takes a rather expensive FA donor rifle for the receiver.

Here's a semi SBR Krink done by Ted Marshall on one of the Egyptian MAADI rifles used in filming Red Dawn. While it was a non-converted semi donor receiver, the FA converted ones would be the same process, just a lot more $$$$ for the paperwork accompanying it.

Projects Page 22

#7 ·
Kernel.. O.K.

Is it not the sear that is registered? Last time I went too ProjectGuns, it was like the Disney World of weapons.
But I thought they said the sear is the part registered?
Hell I dont know. I was too fascinated with their guns and shop.
You can the original machine gun and put it in a new one. Yes, No??? :confused:

#9 ·
Is it not the sear that is registered? Last time I went too ProjectGuns, it was like the Disney World of weapons.
But I thought they said the sear is the part registered?
Hell I dont know. I was too fascinated with their guns and shop.
You can the original machine gun and put it in a new one. Yes, No??? :confused:
It's the receiver on AKs. HKs and ARs can have registered sears.

cetme1223 ....you'll need to find a full auto AKM (chinese are easiest to find) the find the parts kit of the end rifle you want, then convert it.

FA AKMs run $13,000 and higher, a Bulgarian Krink kit is going to run @ $1,100. Someone to do the work for you...@ $500 and then the transfers @ $400.

So you are looking at $15,000 minimum......but they are cool and will always hold there value.....unless all of the NFA and stupid gun laws are repealed.

#11 ·
My understanding is......
On NFA weapons it varies, for some it's the receiver and others it's the sear.
Federally, select and full auto weapons can be assembled by properly licensed manufactures for sale to an individual post ban providing the sear or receiver was registered prior to the law change in 86.
BRP is a good example.
They assembled and sold many weapons post 86 on receivers registered prior to the change.

Shooter

#13 ·
Yep, when a manufacturer converted a gun they had their choice of what part was registered in some guns. Guns that needed the receiver modified to accept the conversion parts generally had to have the receiver registered. Others, such as the HK line, could have the sear itself registered as a FA trigger pack (normally unregulated) can be easily modifed to fit the semi auto receiver. This is one of the reasons FA HKs are so popular, you can buy one expensive sear and use it in multiple inexpensive semi rifles instead of buying several expensive converted rifles. UZIs were popular to register the bolt, semi autos have a blocking bar in them that require a slotted bolt to clear, you can't just drop a FA bolt in. Slot a FA bolt and modify a select fire lower to fit a semi receiver and you have a conversion kit that can fit in any UZI. Most of the 10/22 conversions registered the trigger housing.

Back when the ban passed, there was a short window of time before it became law, MG manufacturers were scrambling to turn out as much product as they could as their livelihood was being taken away and they wanted to get some stock in for the coming years. Some cranked out sears, the FN FNC is a fine example where more registered auto sears exist than rifles. Others made receivers, some others simply filled out the paperwork and figured they would get around to actually making them before anybody checked. ATF was hardly consistent either. One maker drilled auto sear holes in a bunch of AR15 receivers but didn't have time to mill them out inside to accept the autosear. ATF denied their paperwork because they said they weren't completely converted. By then the law was in effect, so ATF then informed them they would have to destroy or register them as LE/dealer only because a sear hole by itself is enough to make the receiver an illegal FA without paperwork. ????? :confused:

#15 ·
Interesting..

So our old idea Kernel, of finding a small town. Get yourself elected L.O. chief. First day on the job, start buying full autos. For the safety of the people of-course. :)
Florida is a very very rural State. People who have not been here. Dont understand, that most of the population is condensed along the beach and shore A.O.s
Once one travels inland. Their is a lot of very small towns and communities.
Things get confusing for the L.O.s.
Accident on a State road or highway, the State Police have too cover it.
Lot of small towns. Have local Police depts., Sheriff coverage, plus State Police.
Hmmm. Thinking here. Our small community has Sheriff coverage. Bout time we got a Police dept.
Our Sheriffs are good. But they have a tremendous A.O. too cover. Often working alone.
Yes Sir tomorrow starts my campaign. Half the damn swamp town is convicted felons.
But I have a lot of people here owe me favors.
If I can drag them out of the bars come voting day. This could work.
We may have too carry some of them in and just point at which lever too pull. "No not that one. The other one stupid."
Yup. Their is a chance this could work.
"For a safer community. Vote 4th come election day."
First day on the job. I am ordering machine guns.

#18 ·
Been done already.

Even made 60 minutes. Sheriff in a local county near here. They were not too concerned, when he bought his seventh Huey chopper from the Govt.
But they started getting suspicious when he put 60s in them.
Military jeeps, hell think he was looking into mortars.
Some years back here. Think he was a Nam Vet.
He promised he would have the safest county in Florida. Kept his word.
His boys were better armed than the National Guard.
60 minutes T.V. show did a bit on him.
Kind of squashed his plans a bit for his "safer community."
The Feds stepped in and shut him down.
People did not even litter when that boy was in charge.

#23 ·
Damn..

I am going too start drinking half a case of beer a day. Nice weapons. Oh yeah.
Save my money and buy one.
$7.50 x. Where the hell is my calculator?

#24 ·
Save your money 4Th and just go bump fire with a krink, you'll be money & beer ahead.:lol::cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.