Gunco Forums banner

7.62x25 Blowback Progress

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  BIG 54R 
#1 ·
Finished my gas op x25 a few weeks back but still haven't taken it to the range. Figured I would get the blowback done as well, and take them both. This is AK-Builder flat, AMD 65 based pistol trunnion, AK74 front trunnion, EOD bolt/carrier and magwell, as well as a bunch of crap laying around the shop. Plus I put an old copy of an early M16 3 prong flash suppressor on it, just because the barrel looked so plain. She's ready to test fire. Cycles beautifully by hand.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks nice, can't wait to hear your test firing report.

akfiend, he could put an HK rear sight on the dust cover, but then you have to make sure it's a tight fitting cover.

#5 ·
AKfiend, as Coils said, I am planning on a G3 rear sight to go along with the front. Pretty much just for looks though, as I will probably be shooting this one more from the hip than anything else.

Thanks Coils. I can't wait to test and report!

Rapid, yeah, I decided to do one each gas op and blowback. See how they handle and feel as compared to each other. I really like them both. As soon as I get the gas op tested and tuned, I plan to SBR it. It's basically an AK version of an MP5. Great close quarters weapon.

Thanks guys!

#7 ·
Thanks Shooter!

AKfiend, I missed your question earlier about screws or rivets, sorry. It's a screw build. On my "beater" builds, I like to do them with screws first, until I fine tune all of the "non standard" parts, then if I'm bored, I go back through and rivet it. (Usually a year or so later. LOL.)

#9 ·
No problem Coils. I actually purchased the EOD bolt and magwell from a Gunco member used. It was at one time in a firing weapon, so it should perform well. (fingers crossed) I thought about maybe spec'ing out both the magwell and bolt for future reference for folks. I don't reckon that EOD has any kind of ownership to the parts. I hope to report back after this weekend!

#10 ·
I need to get moving on one of these conversions....... Got most of the parts, but need to find the time.

#14 ·
Hey Blackfetus, I used a PPS43 barrel and had a machinist buddy make me sleeves for the trunnion and RSB. Yeah, I haven't installed the rear G3 sight drum on the top cover, but I will eventually get around to welding one on. That is the plan, but I went with the parts that I currently had laying around the shop.

As far as the bolt and magwell, I bought them used from another Gunco member, but they were originally purchased from EOD as mentioned above. (Thanks Shooter) I have not dealt with the owner of Erie Ordinance, but I hear that he is hard to reach. YMMV.

#16 ·
Gwailo, does he do 9mm barrels as well, or only the x25 barrels? I'm a member over at the Weapons Guild, but I got my password all messed up and I will probably have to rejoin. Thanks for the input.

#17 ·
I haver done a bunch of barrels for meambers here in x25. I wish i could remeamber who and it would be nice to see some one actually get one done with one of my barrels to get some feed back. I am still doing them but since the ammo sdried up there is not as much demand.

WE NEED MORE AMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 ·
1biggun, the x25 barrel that you turned for me, for my gas op seems fine, but I need to sort out the feeding/cycling issues. Your work was good, it's mine that I'm having trouble with. LOL.

#23 ·
Hey Big54r, where u been?? Haven't seen you in awhile. They are PPS43 mags, and I am running them in both my pistols. One gas op, and the EOD magwell one is blowback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.