Gunco Forums banner

Any One Use a PO3.5X21P Scope?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hcpookie 
#1 ·
Anyone here have or used a PO3.5X21 Scope on their AK74? What do you think of them?

#3 ·
HELLS YEAH

Good scope. Very comparable in function to the Elcan... low optics for fast acquisition (and not losing the target when you scope your eye), and works well in low light due to the light gathering nature of lower-magnification lenses. Too bad they went up in price. The "new" flavor appears to be just as good as scope. That "new" one is available at Kalinka for $499 last time I checked. Here's mine on my .223 AK:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/Optics/optics.htm

I keep groups in the black at 100 yards, using it on my .223 AK with wolf ammo. I was sighting it in, and I wasn't trying to get bench-rest precision at the time. I only have a 100 yard range, so I can't really say how it holds up at longer ranges. In my area of the country, 100 yards is all you'll have anyway.

#4 ·
Which line on reticle did you use for 100yrd zero?

I have one comming in the mail this week, I know the Manual is in Russian. So which line on the reticle do you use to zero at 100yrds? Is it the very top line? I am shooting 5.45x39 ammo not 5.56 Please help me out thanks

#6 ·
it doesn't matter the caliber, you still zero in the same way. Yes, the little card that comes with it clearly shows the correct zero to be the chevron above the crosshair. In other words, the crosshair is set to 400 yards. the card is generic and shows several scopes at once. The 3.5 reticle is the one on the left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.