Gunco Forums banner

MG74 or MG47?

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  digitalranger 
#1 ·
Anyone here think 74 ammo fits snug in a RPD belt? snug enough?
loaded up 2 links with pull tab of 7.62x39 Scale Gauge Measuring instrument Font Automotive lighting
and one with 5.45x39 Cosmetics Scale Gauge Tool Measuring instrument
, just wanted to weight them, to see how much weight saveings there will be..
thinking i'll try and tackle a mg74 while my slow crawling PKT takes form

thanks too BILLPHOTO for sending me toSharpsShooter 5090's his plans and tutorial for the MG47.
they'll be on their way soon :D any thoughts on the 5.45x39 build anyone?

See less See more
#8 ·
First off, which feed tray? The MG42 one for 8mm would be long enough for 54r. The MG3 that's 308 would be too short unless it could be modded.

And I don't know if the 54r would feed in any of those links, those links are design to have the round pushed through, I think the rim would cause problems clearing the link.

#11 ·
I was looking into those options when I went for my build in 308. I ended up using M60 links. It works okay, but the trick was always getting enough speed behind the bolt before it hit the back of the round to push it out of the link. I added an ectra 12mm to my reciever and it was not enough. In retrospect, I would have added about 3/4" to a full inch and i think it would have been more effective. Now, I am just selling it all off because I have lost the beltfed bug :(

#16 ·
the top part of the hand-guard is used to keep the hand-guard centered to the FS, and i used a wind shield washer for the metal holding device on top, and a spring to keep a g3 buttpad on the buttstock for a tong spring to anchor it to the barrel... oh, and the handguard retainer on the 74 kit itself...

thinking of shortening the bipod a little, and intigradeing a lock onto the top handguard mechanisum, so i can put some plastic foregrips on the bipod as a integraded system to shoulder fire the weapon, and bipod it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.