Gunco Forums banner

norrell trigger pack

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  kernelkrink 
#1 ·
Anyone have any pics of norrell trigger packs. They are referenced hundreds if not thousands of times all over the net and all I have seen is a pic or drawing of a bolt with a bounce weight and selector lever on a trigger. Most every other gun has blueprints out there for study or principals of operation so why is this one so secret?

#2 ·
You're not looking hard enough, complete plans are out there. No secret how they operate, you have a lever or a screw that essentially disables the disconnector function and then an add in autosear times the hammer release, same as any other hammer fired FA. The bolt and temp bolt lock keep the bolt from bouncing when it closes, the real "secret" behind his design working better than most.

#3 ·
norrell

FA 1022 plans are a dime a dozen on the net. What you described is on the net. It is not a norrell. From the pic that is out there it does not have a bolt lockup device but a antibounce weight. From articles in small arms review it also has a spring plunger that acts as a friction to also deal with bolt bounce. He also has a patent on both these devices issued in the 80s. As to my original post where to see these actual items in pic, blueprint, line drawing.

#4 ·
"The bolt and temp bolt lock keep the bolt from bouncing when it closes". Sure sounds like I'm talking about the Norrell bolt with the anti-bounce weight. What you call a spring plunger, Norrell calls a temporary bolt lock, at least on the plans I've seen. As you say, FA plans are all over the net. Other than drilling the trigger pack for the plunger/bolt lock, the autosear and such from any conversion will work the same as his does. You could purchase almost any registered trigger pack and drill it for the plunger, drop in a Norrell bolt, and have a working FA. The "secret" is in the bolt anti-bounce mechanisms, not the pack.

Google RH-Custom, they are a foreign company that sells suppressor parts and FA conversions in Europe, they make a copy of the Norrell conversion and have plans and such for them. Or they could be an ATF or INTERPOL "honeypot" trap, who knows? They include the blueprints with their kits, you'll have to contact them about purchase.

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have seen rh customs site and I agree it is probably a honey pot trap. I have no desire to build or buy FA equipment but it does intrest me in the principals of operation. Any discussion of 22 fa almost always goes to american 180 or norrell. I have also discovered that there are almost no firearms patents are avaliable on the net that I have found. I searched for some of the old John Browning stuff ( 94 win / A5) with no results. Probably why there are patent atorneys. TKS

#6 ·
ALL hammer fired closed bolt full autos follow the same principles. You have a disconnector for semi auto fire that can be disabled for FA fire. There is an autosear that holds the hammer back until the bolt closing fully trips it and releases the hammer. On the Norrell, he either installs a screw on the original sear that sticks down through the trigger (push up and the sear releases the hammer directly, and will not catch again until the screw is released) or a lever that moves a cam that repositions the sear so pulling the trigger moves it even when disconnected.

The .22 with it's unlocked bolt is more suited to an open bolt design with fixed firing pin, the bolt tends to bounce off the bbl when it hits, which coincidentally is also when the hammer should be hitting the FP. Norrells bolt acts like a dead blow hammer to stop the bounce, and the temp bolt lock adds to the effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.