Gunco Forums banner

Yo j4. Another question.

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
So. I have a chance too buy one of those "bump fire stocks."
$200 for the AR.. He has two, wants too get rid of one.
Talking too a guy at the range who has one.
Be great on my 7" shorty.
His words.
"Yes they work good. But I let my son use it and he melted the gas tube."
Are their different quality gas tubes I would need too put on, too use it?

#3 ·
he is pulling you leg on the gas tube melting. i managed to get one white hot-after firing about 800 rounds of tracers back to back. and this was one of them old a1 m-16s with the 900rpm+ full auto mode. the damn tube never did melt though it did look darker and slightly warped. it never did quit working though.

if you got that stainless steel gas tube and that is what all the new ones have and all that JSE sells you aint gonna melt it with no slow fire bump stock.

as far as the bump stock being a deal @ $200 smackers that is up to if you want it enough to part with $200.

buy -- that bump stock ain't gonna hurt anything unless you get one of those 'pop and no kick rounds that lodges a bullet in the barrel--THEN you got real trouble--LOL

#8 ·
he is pulling you leg on the gas tube melting. i managed to get one white hot-after firing about 800 rounds of tracers back to back. and this was one of them old a1 m-16s with the 900rpm+ full auto mode. the damn tube never did melt though it did look darker and slightly warped. it never did quit working though.

if you got that stainless steel gas tube and that is what all the new ones have and all that JSE sells you aint gonna melt it with no slow fire bump stock.

as far as the bump stock being a deal @ $200 smackers that is up to if you want it enough to part with $200.

buy -- that bump stock ain't gonna hurt anything unless you get one of those 'pop and no kick rounds that lodges a bullet in the barrel--THEN you got real trouble--LOL
$200.00 is a deal considering they go for 260-279. Of course that includes a waiver paper from ATF saying they are legal in case some cop hears you and comes a callin! But golden tiger fired out of 4th's shorty would look like the fires of hell!:wow:

#4 ·
Stress-wise, a bumpfire stock is about like shooting your old issued M16 with the funswitch set to "YeeHaah!!!!" IOW, don't do back to back magdumps through it until the handguards melt and you will be OK. Let it cool off a bit. Heck, today's parts are probably better than what Uncle Sugar spec'ed back in the day.

#5 ·
Yeah guys...

Hell I dont know????.
Just going by what the guy said??
Only rapid fire I shot was Military.
Damn thing did not work I just picked up another one.
But they all seemed to work.
So no high tech gas tube?????

#6 ·
Hell I dont know????.
Just going by what the guy said??
Only rapid fire I shot was Military.
Damn thing did not work I just picked up another one.
But they all seemed to work.
So no high tech gas tube?????

no need 4th.

i don't know about the bump fire stuff. the only ones i have seen looked to run about 450rpm max. i had a bump-fire device on a mini-14 back in the day it was about the same. there could be faster ones out there as bump-fire stuff ain't popular in these parts. i think i have seen like one in the last couple years. so i ain't no expert on bump fire technology --LOL

you saw the guy do three 100rd mag dumps back to back with the mall-ninja shortie in the video. he didn't cook anything. besides the barrels are CHEAP , the gas tubes are cheap. the downside is AMMO is expensive--LOL

the thing to fear when firing full-auto is a weak round can drive a bullet up the barrel and lodge it with enough energy to cycle the action and fire a hot round then you get into all that barrel bursting shit.

if your firing semi you might have time to feel that weak pop before the next round is fired. now if you going FA even with a slow turning bump fire your not going to have enough time to get off the trigger till a couple rounds have plowed bullets into one another.

everybody thinks FA fire is a good idea to burn up cheap ammo. all i can say is invest in some good safety glasses--

#10 ·
Hell..

We only fire one round at a time..
Two rounds and the bambi loving butt loving game warden gets a fix on us.
Does not help much when the few neighors I have, are all pointing at my house.
Dirty rats. :)

#11 ·
we need a way to increase the "boom" coming out of old #7" 4th--

how about something that injects gasoline in the flash-hider? you know --sort of like what they do at the monster truck races--LOL!

sort of a combination shortie/flame thrower??--LOL

i bet FGF would love that one too!

#13 ·
Flame...

[video=youtube;jcL9vsSKCgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcL9vsSKCgE&feature=related]AR15 fireballs - YouTube[/video]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.