Gunco Forums banner

Bought a Colt Le6940 (pics)

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
Recently on a trip, I came across a Colt LE6940 and since I don't have any Colt AR15s in the collection, well I had to fix that with a little purchase. Bear with me as my picture taking skills rank just below deplorable.
The rifle was bought NIB but had a Daniel Defense BUIS rather than the Matech. The rifle has a monolithic upper, free floated barrel, flip up sights and came with the sling, ergostrip black panel guards and two 20-rd
aluminum mags.

I have not shot it yet but it seems like a nice rifle. Interesting the tacticoolers don't have too high opinion of the LE6940 so that was a plus in my book.

See less See more
#3 ·
Tell me about it. Unfortunately I got a nice long work week in the lab before I can even smell a firing range. I hoping the following Tuesday I can squeeze some rounds through this one. This particular rifle I will be using to test out some gun oil formulations once I get settled on the ingredients.

#5 ·
Sure thing partner. On the upper receiver top rail the two copper "pins" seen are used to hold the upper heat shield in place. The bottom is detachable and the "pin" at the rear allows it to be detached.

Side view

Bottom rail pic.

Top rail view

let me know if you need anymore pics.

#7 ·
Hi Kino,

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I keep getting hung up on the monolithic uppers, thinking that they might be a real bonus. But as far as I can see, a standard one, with a good free float quad rail is just as good.

If my opinion is off, please let me know what I am not getting from the pics..

Very willing to learn more.

Regards,

#9 ·
The only real difference is supposedly the monolithic rail is stiffer and uninterrupted but a good quality free float setup will be fine. On the negative side of a monolithic rail is some people may want QD sling swivels at the rear and this rifle does not have them at the rear. I guess it just depends if the rail used is the one best for you.

#12 ·
Colt quit making some of thier different calibur uppers. But, RRA still can do 9mm uppers and conversion set ups. I love the 9mm AR. It is a real fun one. Here is a YOUTUBE on one being played with.

[video=youtube;VLCkupJ3rUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCkupJ3rUM&feature=related]AR15 9mm - YouTube[/video]

#13 ·
My favorite 9mm, AR15

I took my new 9mm, AR out today after fixing the extractor problem it had. Put 200 rounds through it with NO malfunctions.

That little EOTECH scope was spot dead on out of the box.

Went through several UZI mags I machined last month to work in this system.

This is also one of the ones I did an 80% lower on. All of the 9mm parts work just great in it.

:sniper:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.