Gunco Forums banner

ENDLESS S12 MODS

6K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  smartbomb 
#1 ·
PARDON THE CAPS...KB IS STUCK

IF I WERE OCD THIS HOBBY COULD BE DANGEROUS! I THINK THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I HAVE REWORKED THE 12. THIS EVOLUTION CAME FROM CURIOSITY ON HOW RACE GUNS SEEM TO JUST RUN. SO BEGAN THE LUNACY. I PREVIOUSLY HAD POLISHED THE USUALS- BCG/FCG-, AND HAD THE BASIC CONVERSIONS TAKEN CARE OF.

PULLED THE SIDE RAIL, DIDNT NEED IT. EVEN THOUGH I COULD SEE ALL 4 PORTS, I PULLED THE GAS BLOCK. AT THIS POINT I FILED THE BLOCK TO BETTER EXPOSE THE FORWARD PORT. WHILE THE BLOCK WAS OFF, I OPENED THE FRONT AND REAR PORT TO 3/32".

NEXT CAME THE CARRIER/ CHARGING HANDLE. I WANTED TO MOVE IT TO THE LEFT SIDE. FOLLOWED THE STICKIES @ THE SAIGA 12 BOARD AND MIG/GRIND/SMOOTH.

WHAT THE HELL, IN FOR PENNY....
LIKED THE IDEA OF A LEFT SIDE THUMB SAFETY. LOOKED AT THE ORIGINAL AND CAME UP WITH THIS. GROUND THE LEVER TO THE BARE MINIMUM, WELDED A COUPLER TO THE OTHER SIDE, DRILL, TAP, GRIND, FIT, SAND, FIT.....

THE LEVER CAME FROM THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE. IT WAS THE FACTORY OVER-TRAVEL LIMITER.

AS IT SITS NOW. NEXT IS A MAGWELL. HOPING TO SHOOT AFTER THE RAIN STOPS.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looking good smart!! I haven't done squat on my S12 in awhile.

Hey, do you still need my help on that other project??

#9 ·
Scott,
No problem man, you've helped me out. It's the least I can do.
I have had "no" problems with the mod and it keeps the system clean, but people don't seem to have a whole lot of interest in it at this time. Even after Ray from Saiga Tech http://saigatechusa.com/ offered to do the mods to peoples weapons I caught some flack over the whole idea.
I need to do the torture test on it. I think "caged" keeps dilling me about it. I had the shotgun in the back of my Jeep today and I had every intention of tossing it into the pond, but it was hot and when I finished eating prime rib. I had to take a nap. Sad but true. Lol! I shouldn't have ate so much.

#10 ·
i am trying to limit my time at club saiga. it is really starting to get silly.

its either "hey my 12 doesnt cycle......which rail......"

or its the anointed ones beating everything down. used to be such a cool place.

gunco is so much better.

how did the rear trunnion work out?

#12 · (Edited)

gunco is so much better.

I'm working on a linear bearing idea for the trunion. I have a couple of other projects that are taking priority over it right now, but I'll be back to it soon.
I'm also trying to build myself a HK34 in 45 acp.
Login
Just waiting on more parts now.

#11 ·

gunco is so much better.

#16 ·
what magwell are you using? any issues, mag incompatibility?
I use the Russian "k" magwell. Saigatech aka RamLake converted some GEN 2 mags for me. I also use the Russian magwell mags. I never had any issues and haven't fitted the mags to the magwell either. They are close enough that they will wear themselves in over time. I seen no reason to fit them, at least with my gun anyway.

#18 ·
Bellson it is a sickness. I am about to embark on yet another session. I think this will be the last. Going for the 12 k rusky original.

Kenny. You suck. I am looking at magwell options and want an imprort. The native magwells are not very reliable

#19 ·
Scott, I bought the magwell and 10 AGP mags for $215.00 from a member on that other forum. Post a WTB ad on Sturn like I did. I seen a Molot magwell and mags for sale on the other forum yesterday, but I was spendy.

P.S. I suck? I seen you scooped up that 030 gas block before I seen it.
Now you suck also. lol

Tried to show my gas system again, but Caged just won't quit. He's such a knuckle head. If Tony R. had done it, people on that forum would be in a line to kiss his ass. I just don't get it?

#20 ·
yep the rusky magwells are more than i want to pay. i will end up with one from tac. sad part is the sgm is almost identical to the factory, yet no one can keep it working.

got lucky on the gas block. hehehe.

i have been looking for one to experiment with. i want to do a puc-less shottie. there has got to be a way to have a straight piston like the standard ak.

yes the one you mention is one of the bone heads i refer. there is another that is just too big for his own panties. he and i got into a major blowout. his m.o. is always the same.

#22 ·
This may be off the subject but do you fellows have a recommendation for a recoil pad?
My son bought a Saiga 12ga recently and although I enjoy it, it tends to let me know that I've had too much shoulder work done.
I could'nt get through a whole magazine of buckshot. I don't think the kid would mind the pad as although he did not say anything,I noticed the black and blue marks.

#24 ·
kenny

i poured thru a bunch of 030 threads elsewhere. did you ever get squared away with the pre-order?

now i may be simple minded. there is a lot of discussion regarding a lrbho for the 12. there are some really cock-eyed options that require some really scary mods. correct me if i am wrong, but wouldnt a setup similar to a psl be fairly straight forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.