Gunco Forums banner

WTK Does Saiga 12 receiver need to be modified to make G2 FCG work?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rockmup 
#1 ·
I just installed my G2 trigger into the the Saiga 12 I have been working on. I note that there does not seem to be enough clearance in the front of the trigger slot to allow the trigger to be actuated. Is it normally required to make alterations in the receiver to allow the G2 trigger to work?

#2 ·
No, but you need to mod the trigger.
Look at a trigger, the part that hooks on the hammer, on top is a triangled shaped piece that needs to be trimmed to clear the bolt carrier/bolt.

Also if you leave the BHO thing installed, you need to take some material off the right side of the hammer where the pin goes through for clearance.

#4 ·
Looking at the trigger more closely and I see it is a G2 double hook trigger that had one of the hooks cut off. I got it from Curtis at AK Builder. I think I will call him and have him exchange it for a true single hook trigger, I see that they are cut different at the bottom also and I think that will make all the differance

#5 ·
Yes if it's a double that one was cut, that would make a difference.
If you don't feel like shipping it back you could take off some metal where it's hitting on that side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.