Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB OR TRADE FOR A MUASER 98 ACTION

1K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
IM LOOKING FOR A MAUSER 98 ACTION ( ME AN EVERY ONE ELSE ) ID CONSIDER JUST A RECIVER TO BUY OR MAYBE TRADE SOME THING FOR.

NEEDS TO BE LARGE RING.

WANTED TO PUT A 6.5X55 TARGET BARREL ON.

ID ALSO CONSIDER A WHOLE GUN IF ITS CHEAP ANY BEATERS OUT THERE??

#2 ·
Why not a action from Samco in a 96 action if you're going to 6.5x55 anyways? They got them advertised there. I love 6.5x55,,,, by far my all time favorite caliber, just before 06 and 270.. all very versitile calibers for a wide range of game. I've made some ammasingly accurate shots at incredible distances with the x55 Sweed,, and whats so sweat,,, the recoil is surprisingly light with it. LOVE THAT ROUND!!! Shit even the beater ones I see,, IMO,,, now are pushing 250,,, even a piece of shit one!!

#4 ·
Why not a action from Samco in a 96 action if you're going to 6.5x55 anyways? They got them advertised there. I love 6.5x55,,,, by far my all time favorite caliber, just before 06 and 270.. all very versitile calibers for a wide range of game. I've made some ammasingly accurate shots at incredible distances with the x55 Sweed,, and whats so sweat,,, the recoil is surprisingly light with it. LOVE THAT ROUND!!! Shit even the beater ones I see,, IMO,,, now are pushing 250,,, even a piece of shit one!!
THE 96 SWEDE IS A SMALL RING CORRECT?????

I HAVE A LARGE RING BARREL IN 6.5X55 FROM A DANISH TARGET RIFLE I WANT TO BEABLE TO JUST SCREW IT ON.

I GOT THE LAST BARREL NUMRICH HAD. ITS A SCHULTS AN LARSEN BARREL OF THERE MODEL M58 THAT WAS APPARENTLY MADE FOR OLYMPIC SHOOTING OR SIMULAR. ITS GOT A GREAT BORE IS A HEAVY PROFILE THAT IS ABOUT 3/4" AT THE MUZZEL AN
27.5" LONG. HAS A FRONT SITE POST FOR SOME SORT OF TARGET SIGHT . FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THESE WERE CUT RIFELING BARRELS THAT WERE INSTALLED BUY SCHULTS AN LARSEN OF DENMARK ON GERMAN MAUSERS AN THE LIKE THAT WERE CAPTURED OR ABANDONED AFTER WWII. I CANT SEE ANY THIUN WRONG WITH IT THROAT AN RIFLEING LOOK GOOD TO ME. DONT KNOW WHY THEY WERE REMOVED.

SOME OF THE RIFLES WERE IMPRTED A FEW YEARS BACK BUT SOLD FAST.

I WAS GOING TO PUT IT ON A AK BUT ITS TO NICE TO CUT UP IMO. FIGURED ID FIT IT TO A CHEAP MAUSER ACTION IF I CAN FIND ONE AN SEE HOW IT SHOOTS. IF IT DONT ILL YANK IT AN SCREW ON A 308 0R 30-06 BARREL OR SOMETHING ELSE.

I HAVE NEVER BARRELD A MAUSER BUT HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO. WHO KNOWS HOW IT WILL HEAD SPACE.

I HAVE A FEW MAUSER RIFLES INCLUDING A PAIR OF 1919 ARGINTENES AN A PURVIAN CARBINE OR SHORT RIFLE BUT iD REALLY HATE TO DESTROY THEM . ALSO GOT A NICE SPORTER IN 308 WITHA CRAPPY PLASTIC STOCK I HAVENT SHOT BUT ITS WELL DONE OTHER WISE. i JUST HATE TO DESTROY A COMPLETE RIFLE. ID LIKE TO JUST FIND MAYBE A ROUGH SPORTER IF ITS DRILLED OK FOR THE RINGS WOULD BE NICE IF THE BOLT WAS BENT ALSO BUT NOT COMPLETLY NESSACARY.

I NEED TO GET MAUSER EDUCATED SO I KNOW WHAT FITS WHAT.

#6 ·
You know what I found very strange when I picked up a few mausers a couple of years back? They will ship complete rifles right to my door using my C&R, but receivers only must go through FFL.
I need to get a C&R. these mosins are killing me so cheap but need to be transfered.

a 98 has to go ffl any way dont it??? I thought only the early ones were C&R??

#13 ·
Original Pre1898 firearms don't require a FFL at least federly, state wise is another story. Thats why sportsmans guide and others can sell a crappy 1893 spanish mauser for $500 with no FFL where as normally they'd be lucky to get $120 for them. There must be more restrictions on it though or there'd be more of them out there.

#14 ·
Got ya on why the large ring action, 1biggun Century had them listed a couple weeks ago, but there not there now, just checked. I'll look around for you and see what I can find. I don't have any left, but I see them from time to time. I'll keep an eye out for you.

#16 ·
I have gotten a barreled action shipped to my C&R. I am pretty sure a Sporterized Mauser can still be shipped to a C&R... would love to be pointed to some ATF document that states otherwise. Also curious where it is documented that a receiver only must be shipped to standard FFL.

#26 ·
From Century's website.

K98 Receiver

A fully functioning authentic action from the famous WWII era 8mm Karabiner 98 Kurz a/k/a the K98. This is an excellent option for your next build or a wonderful addition to your military rifle collection on its own. FFL required to purchase. Condition: Good.

#17 ·
All I can tell you is that when I was looking for a receiver only, the only two places that had them were aim surplus and century international. Neither would ship a bare receiver on my C&R but both would ship complete rifles no problem. I ended up buying 3 complete rifles just to get the receivers.

#19 ·
All this talk has got my Mauser juices flowing again.

I have a receiver/bolt combo that I blueprinted a couple of years ago that has just been sitting around doing nothing. I dug it out and moved it to the top of my "to do" list. I already have all the parts to finish it. Shinlen barrel, Boyds laminated stock, Optima trigger, titanium firing pin, sporter shroud, scope rail etc.
I've fit the action to the stock, but right now I'm waiting on some acraglas from Brownells to bed the receiver. The release formula that comes with the acraglas is flammable so it can only be shipped by UPS W/hazardous material handling. $15 plus 5 days to get it.

#20 ·
If you are still looking, I have a couple of possible candidates, full length and intermediate length (M48). What kind of trade stuff do you have?
I HAVE A LOT OFF AK ODDS AN ENDS. IM NOT SUREWHAT I NEED FOR LENGTH ITS A 6.5X55 SO IM THINKING ITS A INTERMEDIATE BUT I DONT KNOW. IM NOT REALLY UP ON MAUSERS YET EVEN THOUGH I HAVE 6 COMPLETE RIFLES.

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF 1919 ARGINTINES A FEW YEARS AGO CHEAP BUT THERE WAY TO NICE TO CUT UP. ID LOVE TO HAVE THE ACTION OUT OF ONE THOUGH DROP DOWN FLOOR PLATE NICE STUUF.

IF I DO THIS IM SURE ILL END UP DROPPING A BUNCH OF CASH ON IT . TRIGGER , STOCK, ECT. IF THE HEAD SPACE DIDNT LIKELY NEED TO BE CHANGED ID JUST PULL THE BARREL ON MY 308 AN INSTALL THIS ONE TO SEE HOW IT SHOT.

#21 ·
The intermediate (M48) action would work, but I recommend that you go with a true 98 action. The 6.5 is long, but it will fit.

The real reason to go with a "true" 98 action is that it is easier to find stocks and other parts like the mag well / trigger guard. This can become a big deal.

Also, if you go with a "true" 98 action, you can use one of these:

CDiPrecision Gunworks

Now available for the 98 Action....

Just my $0.02.

Quality wise, there is nothing wrong with the intermediate actions like the M48. I have built many into fine rifles. Hell, I like them better. But, the other bits are harder to come by.

Regards,

#22 ·
Im not sure that a the 6.5x55 will fit in the above 308 length box mags. this might even be a single shot if i build it. thye dont give those away i see.

I agree I think I need /want a long action. ill be shootng very long high BC bullets seated out so im pretty sure a long acton is the way to go here.

I need to start a build tread or discussion on mausers .

#24 ·
Sucess 1biggun,,,, back at Century if you hussle and still need one Part # AC014 K98 action Good cond $199.87. they have the bolt, mag well/trigger guard ass'y, trigger and I can't tell by the pic if it has a floor plate, but I'd presume so as it is otherwise complete.

#25 ·
thanks for the links guys . im still doing research on these so I nnow what is what an what fits. I do like the drop out floor plates. I hate to run rounds trough a chamber if I dont need to to unload.

this will be a target gun only so a single shot would work also.

#27 ·
WELL THIS IS WHAT I GET . i CANT FIND THEM ON THE SITE AN I WOULD NOT BEA ABLE TO ORDER ANY WAY. :(

FAQ
1. How do I view dealer prices?

Answer: In order to obtain pricing on firearms, we require a copy of your FFL or C&R license to be on file with us.
If you are a consumer, please visit your local firearms dealer to obtain pricing. Consumers may purchase any non-firearm directly with us.
All our available products can be found in our ecommerce system.

#31 ·
Well it's about time we get to building some,,,,,, real guns,,,,,,,,, around here!!!!!!! He! He! He!
I HAVE AK,S THAT WILL OUT SHOOT ALL OF MY BOLT GUNS SO IN A WAY THIS IS A STEP BACKWARDS . IM WORKING ON ANOTHER BOLT GUN THAT BETTER DO ONE HOLE OR ITS BACK TO AK,S ITS GOT A REALLY HEAVY KREIGER BARREL. THE MAUSER IS GOING TO BE A LITTLE BREAK FROM WHAT I KNOW BEST.

ITS GOOD TO SEE SOME BUILDS HAPPPENIG AGAIN THOUGH . IVE BEEN GOING TO WELD UP THE BACK OF A MOSIN AT SOME POINT TO .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.