Gunco Forums banner

AR15 .223 mags

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I just ASSEMBLED a NEW AR15 from one of the 80% lowers picked up several years ago. This job I am at has a real good Bridgeport milling machine.

It was kind of bad. I purchased 4 of these 80% lowers in which two were for a bud. Then, I go and get laid off back in 2009. No way to machine these. So, a job comes along and then there is a nice milling machine in the Engineering lab. So, I finally got to finish these.

So now, I have an AR15 as a 9mm and another as a 5.56 with these finally machined lowers. The two I did for a buddy who now lives in Atlanta I haven't hear a thing about?

Guess I have done up at least 30 UZI mags into 9mm AR15 mags so far there?

If I get Laid off again, at least all of this stuff is made up now.

:)

#4 ·
i don't think i have ever run a pro-mag ar-15 mag because they one of them things all the mall ninjas poo=poo. i figure there the equal to the 90s gun show mags.

now i do make fun of the ninjas but like broken clock their right at least twice a day.

with so many good mags going for reasonable prices i am thinking why even bother.

stick to the mag pull P-mag or any D&H made mag and you can't go wrong. they don't cost an arm or a leg either. hell i bought a couple dozen D&H made mags from CTD a few years ago for $5 a pop--they were marked DSG, DSG happens to be a dod contractor.

if you can find some USGI 20s somewhere you can just change the follower and you'll be ok too.

CFS has those thurmold 20s that might be just OK--last time i looked they were $3.99

i have thought about buying them to hold 6 rounds of 7.62x39 to hunt with. those 30 round 7.62x39 c-products look weird and are a bit much for hunting--LOL

p-mag is one of the very few gun things made of plastic worth shit IMHO. i have seen the "P"s for $10 at times $16 for a pro mag-?? WTF?--LOL!

#9 ·
hell who knows if mags will be legal in hi-cap --

if big O goes in there be some panic pricing even before he does anything as everybody knows it it a on it way!

i figure hi-cap mags will the the first thing banned. then ammo restrictions then semi autos in general --then 50 cals--

hell .50s might be first--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.