Gunco Forums banner

How: Stop Your Phone From Being Tracked

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  FyredUp 
#1 ·
Stop the Government from tracking your location while your phone is off and even enabling your Mic to listen to your Private conversations

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

#5 ·
Yeah that isn't going to work. LOL All that's going to do is fuck up a phone. Cell phones don't have GPS transmitters in them. The entire network of cell phone towers "routes" your signal to the next tower when your phone moves from one cell to another to ensure your phone will ring when a call comes in. THat's how the network works. That's how the e-911 system works... it triangulates the signal based on the closest towers. Meaning that's how they find you when you call an emergency. This is all cell phone 101.

True however that smartphones and many if not most of the current phones have a GPS receiver. RECEIVER. Not a SENDER. That's how you plot your location on a map program. You RECEIVE the signal from the satellites and the program triangulates your position from those signals.

And those gizmos are hard-soldered onto the phone's circuit board. Unless you have very specific electronics repair tools you're not going to get those off. And the phone may not work if you start removing bits of it.

So if you want to be ultra paranoid then don't get a cell phone at all. Or a computer. Or a phone. Or credit cards. Or anything electronic. But of course if you're reading this you're already "on the grid" so it really doesn't matter. There are better ways to spend an evening that screwing up a perfectly good cell phone.

#6 ·
Yeah that isn't going to work. LOL All that's going to do is fuck up a phone. Cell phones don't have GPS transmitters in them. The entire network of cell phone towers "routes" your signal to the next tower when your phone moves from one cell to another to ensure your phone will ring when a call comes in. THat's how the network works. That's how the e-911 system works... it triangulates the signal based on the closest towers. Meaning that's how they find you when you call an emergency. This is all cell phone 101.
About 4 years ago a little "angel" stole my daughter's cell phone.
It wasn't a smart phone, but my wife tracked the stolen cell phone on the PC while I was chasing the little perp through town. My wife was also tracking my phone & directing me which way to go. All in real time, & I even caught up with the little turd red handed..
Yes they do transmit GPS signals, even when the phone has no GPS feature that the end user can utilize.
And since the Patriot act they do NOT need a court order to wiretap you anymore.

#8 ·
About 4 years ago a little "angel" stole my daughter's cell phone.
It wasn't a smart phone, but my wife tracked the stolen cell phone on the PC while I was chasing the little perp through town. My wife was also tracking my phone & directing me which way to go. All in real time, & I even caught up with the little turd red handed..
Yes they do transmit GPS signals, even when the phone has no GPS feature that the end user can utilize.
And since the Patriot act they do NOT need a court order to wiretap you anymore.
That's service is not a GPS-based service, but it is based on the tower triangulation formula. The same thing that lets emergency responders track down where car crash victims went off the side of the road. NOT via the GPS satellite system. But it really doesn't matter how the cell is traiangulated because you still get found... my point is that you go removing little bits and pieces of a cell phone you aren't going to be "off the grid".

#7 ·
So what? I mean seriously if you are going to go underground and off the grid why in the hell would you have any electronic device at all like a cell phone, computer, iPad, GPS in your car whether factory or aftermarket?

This whole thing sounds like a bunch of paranoid backyard commandos looking to scare the shit out of even more people. Disconnect from all communications technology if you don't want anyone to know where you are...Besides if the infrastructure collapse you are all praying for happens all any of it will be is just another boat anchor weighing you down as you bugout to your fortresses in the hills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.