Gunco Forums banner

Vermont Update: Burlington City Council to Consider Gun and Magazine Ban Proposal Nex

912 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
At its next meeting on Monday, January 7, the Burlington City Council will consider a gun ban that targets possession of semi-automatic firearms and magazines by law-abiding gun owners.  This proposed charter change calls for the seizure of all semi-automatic “assault weapons” and magazines by the police, and not only violates the current state firearms preemption statute, but is an irresponsible attack on the property and rights of law-abiding gun owners in Vermont, opening the door to other harmful restrictions of your civil liberties.  Thi City Council meeting will be held at the Burlington City Hall at 7:00 PM on Monday, January 7. Please contact Mayor Miro Weinberger and city councilors TODAY and respectfully urge them to reject this proposed charter change when it is introduced and considered on Monday.

More...

#4 ·
Welcome too the forum..jfreakofkorn. Posting at the same time..
S1422-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Increases the penalty for the possession, use, or sale of certain firearms and ammunition and redefines "assault weapon"; repealer - New York State Senate
Check that out.. Where the hell they going to put all these criminals?
Put wire around our whole country and fence us in?
L.O.s on other forums I am on are even laughing at these stupid friggin laws their passing..
"Frig you, you go get them. What do we look stupid." :rofl:

#3 ·
Damn. I would stay clear of that meeting.. Things are going to get damn hot..
twa is up there..
Politics aside, Vermont is a pro gun state.. They were one of the states when the $5 background check came out, said screw you.. Send federal money for the check if you want it paid..
Only two places when I was there, you could not open carry, town meetings and bars..
Vermonters and their guns are like bread and butter..
Whoops almost forgot..
http://os.cqpress.com/rankings/2010/Crime_State_Rankings_2010.pdf
Second safest state in the country only beat by New Hampshire, and they want to change that.. Interesting?

#5 ·
Damn. I would stay clear of that meeting.. Things are going to get damn hot..
twa is up there..
Politics aside, Vermont is a pro gun state.. They were one of the states when the $5 background check came out, said screw you.. Send federal money for the check if you want it paid..
Only two places when I was there, you could not open carry, town meetings and bars..
Vermonters and their guns are like bread and butter..
Whoops almost forgot..
http://os.cqpress.com/rankings/2010/Crime_State_Rankings_2010.pdf
Second safest state in the country only beat by New Hampshire, and they want to change that.. Interesting?

the government wants to make it "safe" for mexican drug cartels and their full auto AKMs the government gave them via the BATF--

allah forbid a drug cartel thug gets shot by a US citizen in self defense!

#6 ·
Have no worries girls and boys,,,, YOU BET YOUR ASS I'LL BE THERE,,,,I'll be there with a huge crew too,,many of us from the outlying Burlington area have already hired a bus to head up there for that meeting,, I've got 49 people going as of yesterday, and a pile more have contacted me about going,,,,may have to get 2 bus's at this rate if anyone else sign's up.

#7 ·
Yee Hawwww...

Yall give them the Rebel yell from hell for me twa... :nanabang:
God Bless the "Green Mountain Boys." Some damn flatlander come in take yall's gun. Good luck Mother frigger.. Haaa haaaaa..
Vermont. SECOND LOWEST CRIME RATE IN THE COUNTRY.
Guns are a right of passage in Vermont.. Family is first. Crime, crime..
Again Sarah you bitch, your reading this.. You and your crew read the stats.
New Hampshire is number 1, Vermont #2.. Crime free states. Guns Sarah, guns in the hands of armed citizens made those stats..
How is shitcago and D.C. doing with their gun bans? :rofl:
Take picts. of that flatlander twa.. God Bless Yall.
4th, Tim, Astor Florida, From the swamps.. :nanabang:

#8 ·
I'll do my best to get my .02cents in,,,:geezer:

but by the sounds it's going to be a packed house by the looks.

I'll be wearing the "Traveling Wall" shirt ya sent me too 4th, looks like allot of the members of the local American Legions will be there too.

#9 ·
Stay calm guys.. Please....

It will be tough. But you must explain yourselves in a dignified manner..
Yall will want too choke this flatlander too death. But, stay calm..
Ironic.. Flatlander from out of state wants too tell the Green Mountain Boys what to do..
Holy Mother of God. Good luck with dat.. :rofl:

#11 ·
Damn,,,,,, a heads up,,, no one but Burlington residents allowed at the meeting is the word. Been told they'll be checking ID's and not letting anyone else in,,,, WTF,,, there goes the 1st amendment in Burlington!!!! May still try to go,, don't know how they can keep you out of a public meeting. I Think they'll have some P.O.'d people there!!! And I'll be one!!

"Writing Iron" time again I guess!!

#12 ·
Technically they may be correct on that twa.. I really do not know the law..
But you "Green Mountain Boys" get out front with signs and behave..
This and other anti's antics are going national.. They may pull the old Govt. trick, of putting in a trouble maker too stir yall up..
Warn the guys and tell them the world is watching, behave..
Good luck too yall. Ethan Allen is rolling in his grave.. Dragging those cannons all the way too Boston for what, this.. Then spending the war in a P.O.W. prison in England.. Sad..
God Bless you guys..
4th, Tim, Astor Florida, From the swamps..

#14 ·
Yes Sir...

Welcome and thank you for posting in these tough times..
Us 3% who have the balls too post, bet they are watching..
"Fuck them. Give me Liberty or give me Death."
4th, Tim Astor Florida, From the swamps..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.