Gunco Forums banner

Impeachment?

686 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dcholl 
#1 ·
Got this in an e-mail. What do you think?
The conservative discord in the wake of the Newtown, Conn. massacre went up another octave on Monday when Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) threatened to file articles of impeachment if President Obama uses an executive order to try to reduce gun violence.
“The White House’s recent announcement they will use executive orders and executive actions to infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms is an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic,” Stockman said in a statement. “I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment.”
Last week, Vice President Joe Biden reiterated the White House’s determination to see something done about gun violence following the Newtown shooting by confirming the White House is considering using executive orders. Obama also said he’s on board with the idea at his press conference Monday.
“I’m confident that there are some steps that we can take that don’t require legislation and that are within my authority as President,” he said. “And where you get a step that has the opportunity to reduce the possibility of gun violence then I want to go ahead and take it.”
Mother Jones reported 14 actions the White House could take related to guns without Congress. None affect the possession of any kind of firearm or ammunition currently allowed by law. Obama specifically mentioned “how we are gathering data, for example, on guns that fall into the hands of criminals, and how we track that more effectively,” when asked about executive orders during the presser.
Nevertheless, the news the White House is considering executive orders has raged through the gun rights community and conservative politics. Last week, a Tennessee firearms instructor lost his handgun carry permit after he threatened to “start killing people” if the White House took executive action.
Additionally, a South Carolina Republican congressman said any executive order about guns smacks of “tyranny”
Stockman joined those ranks Monday, issuing his impeachment threat with the image of flag from the Texas revolution favored by gun rights supporters for its image of a cannon and the words “come and take it.” Like many in the doomsday prepper end of the gun rights community, Stockman sees the possession of firearms as the only protection against a rogue government. He called the talk of executive order “an existential threat to this nation.”
“The President’s actions are not just an attack on the Constitution and a violation of his sworn oath of office - they are a direct attack on Americans that place all of us in danger,” Stockman said in the statement. “If the President is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist.”

See less See more
#2 ·
We'll see what happens at noon today, with Obama's news conference, as he is surrounded by children. What a POS he is.

#4 ·
I agree 100% I am not the best writer to draft a petition, But why wait until noon today. There should be two seperate petitions one for the the President to be impeached
for violating the 2nd amendment rights of our nations citizans, and the second petition would be for all politicans who also violated the 2nd Amendment rights of citizans, and last but not least. those who did as they please should and not go through the correct political process to even atte,pt to get a ban should be sued personally. Due to the fact they abused thier power and interjected thier own agenda instead of doing things the correct way a good example is that POS Cuomo ( and I dont give sh** if I did spell his name wrong. His father was a rotten politican in Ny ( and I am orgionally from there so I can say this) and lil andrew hardly is no better. Personally I believe that a nice nasty civil liberties and constitunional lawyer would be great to start a class action law suit agaist these politicians for violating our rights. As I read it the second amendment states the right that gives us the right to keep and bare arms! it dose not indicate nor state anywhere what type of arms you can and cannot have. Nor should it. Just a thought to ponder What if I choose whom to protect and not protect when I was working? Where would I be? out of a job thats where! Now its time for all these morons to get booted out of office. and its the law abading citizans of this country who should have the say in this matter not the politicans! I am begging someone here to start petitions to have these people removed from office ASAP. And just one other thing to ponder. On September 11 our country was attacked by terrorists, and by the Goverment disarming us can only lead to to more attacks on our own soil and we will be left to be murdered in the streets and in our homes. I have had this discussion with many others off line and we all agreed that if sweeping gun control were to happen, History will repeat itself, just as WWll with all the innocent Jewish, Polish, French and other Nationalities that were killed by Hitler. It Seems that the prez has forgotten history if it had not been for the resistance of others with guns during WWll we would all be speaking german. we do not have enough Police, national guardsman, Active Duty & Reserve Military to combat any major offenceive launched by a major terrioist attack, Like many of us we have spent our 6 years in the military which fullfils our Military obligation, they have to ask us politily if we would return to service ( we are also draft exempt unless they change that law as well!!) My policy is you have taken my rights why should I help you( meaning the Goverment) I will always help my fellow citizans when and where I can. But I am only one person, I say we shake up the powers that be
and take what they love the MOST POWER & MONEY, I also firmly believe that if a politican wanted to truely help the citizans of our country they would go back to the old pay system for a politican, but for them its money and power, For me its my rights that I was given under the constution and not what some ass wants to do just to make himself look good. As far as Im concerned politicans whom have trampled upon my rights.are no better than a thief in the night Because that is what they do, Look at Cuomo he back doored everyone and took thier rights. we are next as of today at non I say lets get the ball rolling and cut them off at the pass, and get some petitions up and clean house. and as a extrra measure Keep clintons mouth shut as well, who do you think whispers in obamas ear he dosnt have enough smarts of his own. if he did he would not be doing this crap.....Doc ( Nsorry for the long post But I am extreamly pissed and just where the hell is the NRA in all thsi they had no problem when bush was running for president! and now they only mutter little peepes as if they are a scared little child! Doc...

#7 ·
he should be impeached for a laundry list of reasons --

treason and conspiracy come to mind after that gun running to mexican drug cartels by a federal dept under his direct control. and then the coverup is impeachable.

funding a couple governments that back terrorism is another impeachable thing--

and we got conspiracy to disarm the citizens.

and the presidents office has illegal control over the media as well--

we'll soon see an attack on freedom of speech--

hell how many impeachable things has he got to do before anyone speaks up?

#9 ·
the people want him an he got relected this is what we get for letting in illegals an then allowing them amnesty , being soft on crime , allowing drugs to flow freely allowing our morals to be compromised by media . IMO the country is circling the drain.

they democrats have flat out said the constitution is worn out document an there doing every thing they can to destroy it.

they country is being ran by sheep who have no idea were they came from or how this country was so great at one time. they ony want there bit of what is left an screw the future of our kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.