Gunco Forums banner

The Push To Do Away With 'Due Process'

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
Obama Moves To Authorize Domestic Drone Strikes: “The Rules Outside Of The United States Are Going To Be Different Than The Rules Inside Of The United States”
Mac Slavo
February 19th, 2013
SHTFplan.com

The Department of Homeland Security recently advanced a plan to deploy “public safety” drones in the skies over America, an action Congress authorized last year and called for the deployment of 30,000 drone surveillance vehicles by 2020.

While DHS head Janet Napolitano says the primary mission for domestic drones is for situational awareness in “large public safety [matters] or disasters”, President Obama may have a different idea for how best to implement this next generation of frightening surveillance technology.

Well known for his obsession with remote drone attacks, reportedly going so far as to personally sit in on unmanned aerial vehicle missions, the President was recently asked about concerns from American citizens about the possibility of extra-judicial military drone strikes within the borders of the United States.

Obama has not only failed to deny that he has such plans, but makes it clear that his administration is working closely with Congress to develop a legal framework that will allow the Chief Executive and his subordinates the leeway to initiate strikes right here at home.

First of all… there’s never been a drone used on an American citizen, on American soil.

We respect and have a whole bunch of safeguards in terms of how we conduct counter-terrorism operations outside of the United States. The rules outside of the United States are going to be different than the rules inside of the United States.

I am the head of the Executive branch and what we’ve done so far is to try to work with Congress on oversight issues.

Part of what I’m going to have to work with Congress on is to make sure that whatever it is we’re providing Congress, that we have mechanisms to also make sure that the public understands what’s going on, what the constraints are, what the legal parameters are.

That’s something that I take very seriously.

I am not somebody who believes that the President has the authority to do whatever he wants or whatever she wants, whenever they want, just under the guise of counter-terrorism.

There have to be checks and balances on it.

One can only conclude that military and law enforcement drone strikes will soon be business as usual, and likely the preferred method for dealing with, as the Patriot Act outlines, those who “intimidate or coerce the civilian population” or attempt to “influence government policy” – pretty much anyone who disagrees with what the government is doing.

As Chris Carrington rightly points out about pre-emptive government prosecution, under the National Defense Authorization Act “individuals who have committed no crime can be arrested and incarcerated at the will of the government without proven cause.” Will this new legal framework now expand on Patriot Act and NDAA to allow for a militarized government response to potential threats?

For those who would call for such extreme action as firing a military grade remote Hellfire missile at a domestic target, as the media recently suggested we should do during the hunt for Chris Dorner, consider that Global Research recently reported that over 40% of drone casualties are innocents – often children.

Obama Moves To Authorize Domestic Drone Strikes: "The Rules Outside Of The United States Are Going To Be Different Than The Rules Inside Of The United States"

See less See more
#4 ·
I will assume a ban on .50 cal will be in place very soon.

I have already been hearing a lot of grumbling from the Left regarding .50 cals. They are concerned about them being used to drop drones, planes, trucks, police cars, police officers, etc..... Although I haven't seen anything specific yet, I personally think they are going to target the .50 cal for being a weapon of mass destruction, and make it totally illegal, with no grandfathering. They are scared of them!!!!!

#7 ·
First off that artical is disturbing to say the least!, And for someone to even suggest that drone be used to Hunt down an american citizan on american soil no matter what he has done or how heinous his crimes, Is Criminal and Henious in-itself, And those responsible should be punished. Now after reading that artical who is the irrresponsible weapons owner NOW?...Doc

#8 ·
Give one too Bitme.. If he hears movement on his lawn. He can just open up with the drone.. Forget the shotgun..
Will not even have to get out of bed. Just see what he hit in the morning.
Every American should be able to buy one. Have a little spat with your neighbor, just send your drone over. Couple of blasts, problems solved..
Any prices on these things?

#10 ·
Yesterday here in S.C. the bill to nullify the NDAA at the state level freaking FAILED TO PASS!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?! I guarantee that Lindsey Graham got in tough with the state senators and either bribed or threatened them into not passing the nullification legislation. He is an ARDENT supported of the NDAA. A$$hat!!

We need to get some patriot nerds to build some low cost, easy to operate, "anti-drone" drones. Something that you could launch easily from your backyard, and it would hunt down and crash any other drone in the area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.