Gunco Forums banner

THE DANICA 500

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
SO WHO WATCHED THE DANICA PATRIC 500 HUNDRED YESTERDAY????????

MAN THE MEDAI IS LICKING HER ASS.

IM ALL FOR HER AN EVEN A FAN BUT THIS IS OVER THE TOP. SHE SCREWED UP THE FINISH BIG TIME BY NOT DROPING DOWN HERE SPOTTER NEEDS TO BE FIRED AN HERE CREW CHIEF NEED TO RETHING HER STRATIGY.

SHE COULD HAVE WON OR AT LEAST KEPT HERE 3RD PLACE . IF YOUR THERE TO WIN YOU CANT FOLLOW THE TWO CARS IN FRONT OF YOU TO THE FINISH LINE. IF SHE HAD DROPPED DOWN WITH 19 TO GO AN AGAIN WITH ABOUT 6 SHE LILEY WOULD HAVE BEEN PUSHED TO VISCTORY OR AT LEAST STPED THE BOTTEM LINE WHO WAS OBVIOUSLY CATCHING UP FROM GOING BY. SHE WAS THE FIRST INTERVIEWED AN THE FIRST MENTIONED AFTER 7 OTHER SMATER DRIVERS BEAT HER.

IF JHONSON OR GORDEN OR ENHEEART HAD DONE HERE CRAP THYE WOULD HAVE BEEN HEAVLY CRITISED . HOWEVER THE MEDIA IS SINGING HER PRIASES. FOR WHAT ???????? SHE DROVE A VERY FAST CAR IN LINE IN HTE FRONT OF A PACK OF CARS AT HALF THROTTEL AS SHE PUT IT ALL DAY AN WHEN IT MATTERED SHE CHOKED.

ANY HOW THE MEDAI MAKES ME SICK. HER PICTURE WAS ON THE FRONT PAGE TODAY NOT THE WINNERS PRETTY SAD.

See less See more
#4 ·
She was not going to risk crashing to win yesterday. She has crashed the last few races at Daytona. She looked to be satisified with placing in the top ten. It is a long season, and I can't say I blame her. Sometimes you have to race for the season and not just one race. I don't think here car was fast enough to win yesterday.

I am the only one who thought this new car made the race boring as hell? Daytona is all about being able to pass, and it didn't seam like anyone could pass anyone yesterday.

#5 ·
YEA IT WAS BORING AN NOT MUCH PASSING SHE MAY NOT HAVE HAD THE CAR TO WIN WIUTH BUT SHE HAD THE CAR TO BE IN FRONT OF JIMMIE JHONSON ON THE INSIDE ROW.

IMO SHE WAS IN MORE RISK OF CRASHING STAYING WERE SHE WAS AN GETTING PASSED BY 7 GUYS ALL ACTUALY RACING TO WIN. EVEN IF THE BOTTTOM CARS COULD NOT HAVE GOT TO THE FRONT SHE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE BACK WARDS.
ALLOWING THE LOWER CARS TO GET PAST MADE HERE IN MORE DANGER AS NOW THERE IS NO LOW WAY OUT .

SHE HER SELF SAID SHE COUILD GO FASTER IF THE CARS IN FRONT WOULD.

I HAVE RACED AN KNOW ALL ABOUT RACING FOR POINTS AN FINISHIUNG BUT IF YOUR FASTER YOU RACE TO WIN. SHE SAID SHE WAS RUNNING HALF THROTTEL ALL DAY .

ID LIKE TO SEE HER WIN AT LEAST THEN THE MEDAI COVERAGE WOULD BE SOME WHAT WARRENTED .

AN YES SHE MIGHT HAVE WENT LOW AN GOT BUMPED AN SPUN BUT THAT COULD HAVE HAPPEND WERE SHE WAS.

IMO SHE HAD A GREAT REASONABLY SAFE CHANCE OF WINNING BY GOING LOW AN SEEING IF SHE COULD GET HELP FROM JOHNSON , IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS TO HERE SPOTTERS THEY WERE FASTET AT ABOUT 19 TO GHIO AN DEFFINATLY WHEN THEY GOT BACK UP THERE ON THE RESARTW ITH ABOIUT 6 TO GO. THEY MADE RHE SAME RUN TWICE IT WAS NO SUPRISE THEY WERE GOING TO BE THERE BY THE END.

BUT HEY I NEVER WENT ANY WERE IN THE SPORT SO WHAT DO I KNOW?? SHE WILL BE A BILLIONAIRE .

#6 ·
Nascar cars bore me to death. But the truck races keep me on the edge of my seat. Seems like every truck race ends with a photo finish of two or three trucks side by side and you have to wait & see who won. Many times the good drivers get tore up in an early wreck & still come right back to the front. But actually NONE of them are as exciting as your local short track racing. I preffer drivers who also WORK on their race cars. Not these made up primadonnas who only get the job because they are pretty for the cameras & bring in sponsor money. NASCAR has been on a steady downhill slide since the France family sold out. That's when they abandoned us ******** & went for the wine & cheeze set. They are finding out how UN loyal those folks were. Just look at all of the empty seats.
Any sprint car or dirt modified race makes the nascar boys look like sissys. That's why Tony Stewart owns a short track & races bullrings every chance he gets. Because he is one of the few REAL racers in nascar.
Nothing like having 800 horsepower with the driveshaft between your legs & NO clutch or starter to make a man out of you.
Steve Kinser , Sammy Swindell , Wild child Haudenshield , THOSE are real racers!!

#7 ·
yea im a dirt fan first.

I ran a street stock back in the day . had a modified for a few weeks . never had the cash to do it right . lots of cheated up motors back then .

I worked on a sprint car for about 15 years had my motors in them for a while. we took a third in a 360 car at a world of wheels race once. an that was tranfering from the semi main . had there not been a restart we might have ran down kinser for second . We partied that night .

I worked on a non winged CRA pavement sprint car for a little bit . was driven by Chuck Gurney, we were parked one spot down in the pits from a kid named Jeff Gordon an there was some guy named parnilie jones jr an the late Billy Vouickivichj who died as the same race a year later in BakersField Ca . that car had over 835 hp back in the late 80,s . It was owned by Bob Cassani Billie vokivich drove a car he owned part of at in Indy a few weeks before I met him. Jimmy sills drove the car a few times as well.

We had one of the first east beast spring car chassis .
toward the end my buddy had gurti engins at about $40,000 each for a 360 motor . a long ways from the stuff I built in 1984.

#8 ·
I did a little search . we ran bad in bakersfiled in 1989 Chuck gurney burnt the brakes out of the car an bitched a lot . we were on speed vision that week in the pits .

here is the results I Found some big names were there then Gordon , sweney , vocivich , jones, AJ foyt was in the pits . it was as close as I got to being big time .

SCRAFAN.COM - Race Results

ill have to find some pics to post . I shot pool with Gorden that week end he was to young to get in the bar. we all drove slick carts on Friday night after qualifying ( go carts on a slick oval) an me an my buddies beat some pretty big name racers man it was a blast . it didn't matter if it was a 10hp go cart them guys all run to win. I wish I could remeamber half the names from back then.

#11 ·
Was that when they used to have the Thursday night Thunder shows? I remember seeing a guy get killed in a Midget car violent multi flip. You could see his arms getting mangled as it flipped over & over.

#10 ·
I recognize every one of those names & Have met most of the older World of Outlaw drivers. They ran there last pavement races at my home track in Florida. My mini modified class was like the warm up act. It felt kind of cool walking around the pits in my racing suit & mingeling with all of those guys. I have a whole album of great photos I took of each & every car & driver.
My little Pinto seemed kind of silly compared to those monsters. But hey, I can say I did it for quite a few years & to me that's better than all of the blowhards in thhe grandstands who just talk about how good they could do if they wanted to.
There is a really nice high bank dirt track not far from here. I have never been, because I know damn well I'd be buying their rule book & planning a car to build!!
In fact I've never been to a race since I quit driving. Just too hard to sit & watch.

#12 ·
I get to the midgets in sun prairie wi were the midget hall of fame is . there struggling bad. the local madision int race way will be down to a limited schedule an that's were kensit , kulwiki , dick tricke raced an got good along with bickcle an many others.

I worked on cars in Rosa California from 1979 to around 92. I was lucky to work on a few of Bob Consanies cars as a friend of one of his mechanics . That guy had the money .

I think this is a link to the one I worked on in Bakersfiled . It ran a rodeck as I recall . we got it back from the dyno shp an it did like 830 HP we stuck it in the car about 8 hours before it we were susposed to take it 8 hours to bakers filed an it had a bad oil leak on the rear main . the owner ( Bob had already flew down with his main people) a the shop that built the motor was closed an not answering the phone we called Bob an he said fix it any way possible an break into the engine builders shop if we had to . He was pissed care how. now keep in mind we were 23 year old kids an the simi driver . an my buddy was a 360 sprint driver I normaly helped.

we had a $150,000 race car sitting there with a $50,000 engine that leaked. were used to working on $2000 cast iron chevys . we yanked the engine an the rodec had an adjustiable rear main seal set up that allowed you to move if the crank center line was moved . well it didn't work. I had some calipers at home an we determined that the crank wasent centered in the seal + or - .020 LOL

well there were no proper shims so I cut up a beer can to raise one side of the seal an filed the other shim down about the same an put it back together . I sitting there with a entire race engine onhte shop floor apart an thinking this guy is going to kill me we had no crank bolt specs or any thing for the carrilo rods . were reusing bearning we have no clean anything . well it still leaked a drop or two but lots better than before we were able to stuff the belly pan full of oil mats an get it through inspection after driving all night to gte the car there. the owner was flipping out ( there were no cell phones back then really) we qualified fast an then broke the driveline bell . an had to got to LA for a new one . Turned out he guy who had it met us part way an it made us look really good. Bob who at that point I had only met once thanked me put me an my buddy up in very nice rooms at the red lion an bought us the best dinner id ever had an all we could drink. Told me I had a job if I wanted it. Chuck burnt the brakes out an parked her. I never liked him arrogant .

I took a lot of pictures that weekend talked to all them guys was on spped vision it was a thanksgiving weekend . we got stuck in huge traffic jam on the way home an an it took like 20 hours going back.

I hope this link works .

Bob Consani Racing

#13 ·
Thanks for the link,big. To be honest I dont watch nascar any more. I faded away from it sometime after Dale was killed. I used to root for the hometown boy, Mark Martin. I really couldnt tell you who the top 5 drivers are these days.

#14 ·
well the above link didn't go to the exact pic but its the number 4 car with no wing . in the racing section . jimmy sills drove it most of the time an bret keading was also there a lot . Bob also had some of the fastest midgets on the planet as well.. an a big block offset super mod that ran against AJ foyts stuff .

I only did a liitle with him mainy as a guest of my buddy Jim Vanlair who I worked on his car a lot of about 10 years. he was a pretty success full 360 driver an ran some 410 stuff also. we ran Calistoga on the big half a few times . put I was mainly at Petaluma, placerville , baylands, an San Jose , Petaluma was our home track .

I got to help Steve Kiinser crew set a engine in once at Calistoga at a out law race. an Karl kinser bought us all track food . he would not let me get with in 50 feet of the broken motor that had the heads off . That was top secret stuff. I managed to get a picture or to of the piston's an heads . I got caught an was told to give them the film or else. LMFAO I just handed him the roll of film an smiled . Steve was winning everything back then .

we had had a gutted conversion van a a boat trailer with ply wood back then to haul the car a iron block an we still ran them down at Petaluma on a very wet 3/8s oval . karl kinser came over an did a lot of looking at or chassi set up after that we had passed them once with a 360 motor that was built for abut $3000 an if there had noit been a restart wouldhave got second . Jake the wild child hodenchild won.

they both came over an talked a lot tryiung to figure out how we were running with them with 300 hp less. we told them we used the tide tables to set the ride hight an wing they laughed. Petaluma raceway is on the Petaluma river that rns in to the san francisco bay. when the tide comes in the track got wetter not dryer an we knew that an they didn't . not sure they ever figured out we were telling thruth. thirdin aut law race was good money for guys with a $5000 four year old car. :)

Outlaw driver gary howard was a guy I knew a little also an likely could have went on the road with him . I had a job an a girl an chickend out . he never did that great,

ill have to dig out my old albums an get some pics scanned id like to get them all on digital anyway .

#16 ·
Sprint car drivers also have the coolest T-Shirts! I bought one of Sammy Swindells from his wife in the pits & wore that thing until it was threads. That was in the early ninetys & he's still kicking ass. I'm not that far from Tulsa now & Some day I'm going to the Chili bowl. My buddy goes there to some big gunshow every year.

#17 ·
I met Sammy a few times. I still have few shirts left I lost my last race at baylands a few years ago I almost cried. we had a guy on or crew who bought a shirt at every race he went to he must have thousands many un opened . I wonder if he still has all them its been 20 years since I saw him .

I almost wnet to the Chili bowl after I moved to Wisconsin to meet all my old buddies an had to work . I should have quit had I know how they were. its the super bowl of dirt .

most of them dirt guys will talk to you espicialy if you buy a pit pass. I have only seen about 20 races from the stands . hell they love to sell shirts an hats after the races let kids sit in the cars an get pictures taken . now they all have big semis an trailers if there any good but you can still walk in an have a beer with them after.

guy I used to race with , daughter is a three time 360 track champ champ an shes only 22. she is good looking an may have a future must be tough getting beat 18 year old 110 pound blonde. I still have the model 94 Winchester I got from her dad for $75 so he could buy a titaunium valve he bent . :)

#18 · (Edited)
Sadly guys, NASCAR as you knew it is over.. Where are the cameras focused? On the lead cars..
Dania did not care if she won that race.. "Go Daddy" was on the tele for a good 4 hours..
Any idea how much 4 hours of T.V. adds cost?
Her handlers told her keep that car up front, do not scratch the paint..
Yes true, they interviewed her before anyone in that race..
The days of Dale hugging the wall so close his paint melted, are over..
Well their was no empty seats, somebody likes it..
I would drink Dania's bath water.. Do her laundry, be her sex slave, let her write bad checks till she ran out of ink..

#20 ·
Well their was no empty seats, somebody likes it
ACTULLY THERE WERE A LOT OF EMPTY SEATS THIS YEAR . IT WAS NOTED IN FEW PLACES AN IN MY LOCAL PAPER.

YEA THE DAYS OF WHO WAS THE BEST MECHANIC AN WHO MADE THE BEST BASE CAR OR ENGINE ARE LONG GONE. DAYS WHEN INOVTION WON RACES AN A DRIVER HAD TO HAVE BALLS TO WIN. THOSE DRIVERS STILL HAVE GREAT SKILL BUT VERY FEW DO ANY WORK ON HTERE STUFF. USED TO BE A RACER HAD TO KOW HOW TO BULD A CAR AN GET IT TO THE TRACK , NOW THE STARS JUST WORRY BOUT HOW MANY COMMERCIALS N AUTOGRAPHS THEY SIGN. THERE STILL ALL RACERS AT HEART BUT ITS DIFFERANT . DANIKA WAS GROOMED FOR RACING SINCE DAY ONE SHE RACES CARTS SAME PLACE I RAN A BIKE DOWN THE ROAD. MORE AN MORE RACERS ARE BEING RAISED TO BE RACERS FROM DAY ONE . ITS A BUSSINESS . THERE ARE RACE MOMS JUST LIKE SOCCER MOMS . BACK IN THE OLD DAYS YOU WANTED TO RACE YOU GOT INTO IT DURING OR AFTER HIGH SCHOOL YOU GOT SOIME BNUDDIES TOGETHER AN THREW A CAR TOGETHER AN WENT FROM THERE . THESE DAYS TO GET TO THE TOP LEVEL YOU BETTER BE IN ACART OR ATV AT AGE 4 AN HAVE RICH PARENTS OR SPONSORS.

I MENTIONED MY BUDDY WHO RAN THE 360 . HE IS A CAR OWNER NOW AN DONE DRIVING . HE FINDS FAST KIDS FROM THE MINI SPRINTS AN GO CARTS AN IF THERE DADDY HAS CASH ALL THE BETTER . HIS LAST DRIVER IS NOT EVEN OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL AN HE DOES NOT TOUCH THE CAR EXCSPT TO DRIVE IT. THAT KID STEPS INTO A $60,000 SPRINT CAR AN HAS NEVER TUNRED A WRENCH . HE BEVER AN A STREET STOCK OR BOMBER CLASS. HE WAS FAST IN CARTS AN HAS THE REFLEXES SO HE GETS A RIDE .

NASCAR HAS BECOME TO RIGID IN ITS RULES HOW LONG BEOFRE THERE ALL RUNNING IDENTICAL ENGINES ????? IT GETS CLOSER TO IROC EVER YEAR.

THE TRUTH IS IF IT WAS TILL ANYHTING GOES THE CARS WOULD BE DOING 260 MPH . CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT A 500 OR BIGGER ENGINE WITH 1500 HUNDRED HOURSE POWER WOULD DO IN A CAR WITH ANY AREO PACKGAGE ALLOWED WOULD RUN ???? CAN YOU IMAGINE IF ALLTHE COMPUTER STUFF WERE ADED LIKE TRACTION CONTROL AN WHAT NOT OR IF THEY COULD ADJUST THE CAR FROM THE INSIDE OR BY REMOTE CONTROL ?????? THERE NEEDS TO BE LIMITS AN LTS BE HONEST NOBODY IS REALLY GOING TO WANT TO SEE STOCK STOCK CARS RUN . ID LOVE TO SEE A MUSTANG . CAMERO , CHARGER TYPE CALSL WERE THEY HAD TO HAVE STOCK HEADA AN BLOCK. THAT WAY MANUFATURE WORK HARDER TO MAKE BETTER FACTORY CARS.

WE CANT HAVE GUYS GETTING KILLED EVERY WEEKEND AN THE TRUTH WE CAN BUILD CARS WAY TO FAST FOR THE TRACKS.

RACING IS BIG BUSSINESS AN ITS ALL ABOUT THE MEDIA AN THE COMMERCIALS.

DANICA IS GOOD FOR THE SPORT AN IM GLAD SHE IS THERE . I THINK SHE NEED TO STEP UPO AN RACE IF SHE CAN. THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER WOMEN RACERS COMING UP IN THE SPORT AN IN A FEW YEARS SHE WONT BE THE ONLY GOOD LOOKING GIRL ON THE TRACK. HOT FEMALE DRIVERS ARE IN DEMAND AN THERES MORE AN MORE OF THEM EVERY DAY . ILL BET MONEY THAT IN TWO YEARS SHE WILL NOT BE ALONE.

AN ABOT THE DRIVERS AN DANICS START YOUR ENGINE LINE. IT WAS F^&KING STUPID. EVEN I THOUGHT WTF???. SO APPARENTLY SHE IS NOT A DRIVER ????? OR SHE IS SOME HOW DIFFERNT ?????? SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PISSED AN SO SHOULD EVERY OTHER DRIVER. LIKE I SAID IT WAS THE DANICA 500 AN THAT LINE CEMNETED IT .

IF WOMEN RACERS WANT EQUALITY THEN THEY NEED TO BE TREATED DIFFERANTLY
GOD FORBID SHE GET HURT OR KILLED THEY WILL BE RACING 50HP SMART CARS NEXT YEAR WITH 360 DEGREE BUMBERS. ERNHARTS DEATH CHANGES THE SPORT A LOT . HIS DEATH COST NASCAR MONEY . HE WAS KNOWN FOR BEING LESS SAFTEY CONCIOUS THAN OTHR DRIVERS AN RESISTED A LOT OF SAFTEY INOVATION . WHEN HE DIED THAT WAS IT AN NASCAR REALLY CHANGED THE CARS AN STILL ARE.

GONE ARE THE DAYS OF A GUY DRIVING WITH NO GLOVES WITH WHAT EVER FIRE SUITE .

FIRST YEAR I RACED WE HAD TO HAVE A HELMET AN CURRENT NON OUT DATED BELTS. WE DIDNT EVEN NEED A FIRE SUIT IN STREET STOCK ( THE MOST LIKELY CLASS TO BURN BTW. WE WERE NOT REQUIRED TO WEAR GLOVES .
THE CREW HAD TO ALL WEAR WHITE PANTS AT A DIRT TRACK OR THEY WERE NOT GETTING IN. THERE WERE VERY FEW WOMEN IN THE PITS ALSO . AN IF A FIGHT BROKE OUT YOU BETTER BE IN YOU OWN PIT OR YOU WERE OFF THE TRACK FOR TWO RACES. WE DIDNT HAVE FULE CELLS THEN WE DID HAVE THE TANK IN TRUNK AN IT HAD TO BE PRETTY SECURE.
THE CAGE WAS MADE FROM BLACK PIPE ANHAD TO BE SO THICK AN THEY CHECKED.

CHEATING WAS ART BACK THEN AN STILL LIKELY IS. I KNOW OF A CAR THAT HAD NITRIOUS IN THE DOWN TUBE OF THE CAGE AN HIDDEN LINES RUNNING FROM THE BRAKE BOOSTER TO A UNDER THE MANIFOLD NOZZEL SET UP. SAME CAR HAD 4 BIG CYLINDERS AN 4 SMALL ONE THAT WOULD PASS A BUBLBLE DISPLAMNET TEST. IT HAD ANGLE GUT HEADS AHT MADE 11.5-1 COMPRESSION WITH A FLAT TOPS. THE CAM HAD TO BE STOCK BUT THEY NEVER SAID IT COULD NOT BE RECROUND OR STOCK IN WHAT. SO A RACE CAM FROM A PRODUCTION BOAT WAS STOCK IMO . THE TERM GASOLINE WAS A GREY AREA FOR US AN MAY THINGS WERE TRIED INCLUDING SOME NITRO, PITRIC ACID AN SOME SUPER OXYGENATED STUFF. THERE WERE A LOT OF REALLY SHARP GUYS IN THE NORTHEN CALIFORNIA AREA MANY WERE ENGINERS OR ELECTRONIS WIZARDS FROM THE SICICONE VALLY DUIRNG THAT TIME THERE WERE FEW STRANGE SMELLING CARS . IT WAS OUR JOB TO CHEAT AN THERE JOB TO CATCH US.

I HAVE FOR A FACT SEEN A SO CALLED STOCK 350 CHEVY MAKE A 500 HO DYNO RUN AN PASS INSPECTON IN HTE CAR THE NEXT DAY . BOWTIE HEADS WERE OUT THERE BRAZINKIE INTAKES WERE CAST IRION MANIFOLD WAS GUT UP PORTED AN WELDED BACK . BOWLAWS CARBS LIGHT BILLIT CRANKS . EVEN ALUMINUM RODS FOR BIG MONEY RACES. I KNOW A GUY :) WHO REMOVED THE EXTRA FREEZE PLUGS ON 400 CHEVY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A 350 :) A FEW SOTS OF NITRIOUS ON A RESART WAS HELPFULL.

MY UNCLE HAD A STREET STOCK THAT THE MOTOR WAS PROFFESONAL BUILT THAT MADE 425 HP AN WAS OF LEGAL SIZE ( 350 CI) WITH LIAT TOP PISTIONS THAT WULD PASS A TEARDOWN AN IT HAD THE SPECIFED HOLLY 2 BARREL . THE CAM WAS VERY TRICK, HAD A BILLIT CRANK , BOWTIE CAST IRON HEADS THAT WERE ANGLE CUT , CARRILO RODS THAT LIKELY GOST HP . HE $5000 MOTOR IN A STUID STREET STOCK IN 1986 AN THERE WERE FASTER GUYS STILL. I SAW ROLLER LIFTERS COME OUT OF ONE ENGNE WHEN IT EXPLODED . LOL . AN THEN THERE WAS THE NIGHT A GUY TRIED RUNNING A 502 OUT OF HIS BOAT AN NEVER OPENED THE HOOD ALL NIGHT IN A 350 CLASS. LMAO

WE HAD TO RUN A TRACK SOLD SPEC RECAP . THE GUY CHARGED TRIPPLE WHT THEY WERE WORTH AN GETTING ENOUGH STAGGER WAS HARD. WELL WE HAD A GUY TRACK DOWN WHO WAS MAKING HIS RECAPS AN WE PAID HIM A VISIT AN HAD HIM RECAP US BIGGER OD TIRES AN FROM HEAVIER PLY CASES . THEN WE WOULD MARK THEM ALL DIFFERANT ODS WITH JUKN YRD INK SO WHEN GUYS TRIED TO FIGURE OUR STAGGGER THEY WOULD BE OFF BY 5 INCHES. SEEMS A SLIGHTLY BENT RIM GOT MORE TRACTION THAN A STIGHT ONE IN REALLY WET MUD. LEAD IN ROLL GAGES IN THE BACK WAS DONE . RACE SHOCKS WITH FACTRY SHELLS SLID OVER THEM WERE DONE .
THREE SPEED MANUALS WITH SOME OF THE GEARS REMOEVED TO MAKE IT A TWO SPEED WERE DONE . ALUMINUM FLY WHEELS . POWER GULIDES WITH NO CONVERTERS.

POLISHED STAINLESS MUD GUARDS FOR THE FRONT WIND SCREEN ( DIRT USES SCREEN) DOUBEKLD AS AN ILLEGLE REAR VIEW MIRROE . SPOT MIRROER WITH VELCRO THAT COUD BE PUT UP AN TAKEN DOWN IN THE CAR. ROOFS THAT WERE LOWER FNEDERS THAT WERE SHORTER. A CONTANT BATTEL WITH KEEPING THE CAR QUIET ENOUGH TO PASS SPECK . WE PULLED SO MUCH SHIT IT WASNET FUNNY. UNLESS YOU WERE WINNING THEY REALLY NEVER LOOKED TO HARD. I RECALL THE TEAR DOWN WERE A THE GUY WAS BEING CHECKED FOR ILLEAGLE PISTIONS AN THE PLLED THE MANIFOLD AN CARB AN QUICKY AHNDED TO A GUY WHO STUCK IT IN THE CAMPER . WE ASKED TO SEE IT AN THE OFFICAL GOT IT HANDED BACK AN TWHEN TURNED UPO SIDE DOWN THERE WAS NO GAS IN THE CARB , THEY HAD TREID TO DO A SWITCH. LOL . WE NEVER GOT TO SEE THE SET UP THEY WERE RUNNING THEY JUST TOOK THE FINE AN LOSS OF WINNINGS. WE HAD A MODIEFED FOR ABIT WITH A CLAIMER MOTOR AN A GUY COULD BUY YOUR ENGINE FOR $1500 . WE HAD BEEN WINNING AN HAD A $3000 MOTOER BUT WE GOT WIND THAT WE WERE GOING TO GET CLAIMED ON SO WE TOSSED IN A 100,000 MILE $300 TRUCK ENGINE AN A REGOUND $60 CAM RAN THE EXHAUST REAL RATTY AN ACTUALYY FINISEHD OK SPREAD THE RUMMOR THAT WE HAD A NEW $5000 BUILT BY BLA BAL SPEED SHOP ENGINE THROUGH A FEW BUDDYS AN AT THE END OF THE NIGHT IT GOT CLAIMED .
THAT THING HAD SO MUCH CRUD UNDERVALVE COVERS YOU COULD HARLEDY SEE THE ROCKERS , MAN WE HEARD THAT GUY WHO CLIMED IT WS SO PISSED HE ALMOST STROKED OUT.

IT WS FUN BACK THEN JUST BUDDIES RACING OTHER BUDDIES AN MAYBE GETING A SHOT TO GO FURTHER . MOST OF US WERE UNDER 25 . ID LOVE TO RUN A FEW LAPS AGIAN I USED TO BE LAUGHING SO HARD ID MESS UP .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.