Gunco Forums banner

RPD Receiver???

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bradrock 
#1 ·
Anyone have a lead on 80% RPD receivers? I tried WiseLite and they've only got 100% and are running about 4 months out. I've got an email into DSA but haven't heard back yet, not expecting much different but we'll see.

Any other options out there (0%-100% or even bubba)? The milling looks to be simple enough on the chunks, any reason it couldn't be done with aluminum and cut some weight off this thing?

I've read, and read, and read but if you've got some favorite links for alternative builds on one of these I'm always up for reading some more.

Thanks,
Sean

#4 ·
I think they sold. But anyways I'd place a wanted ad on the Guild for a Prexis 80%er & see what happens.
There was one for sale here also not too long ago.

You could also check with Prexis & see if Mike has one in stock. I think he makes two versions. Either the outside or insides finished.

#7 ·
Any other options out there (0%-100% or even bubba)? The milling looks to be simple enough on the chunks, any reason it couldn't be done with aluminum and cut some weight off this thing?
I've rewelded a couple but haven't gotten them to work as of yet. The paddles that lock the bolt jam against the inside of the receiver. I suspect alum would not be hard enough to handle the strain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.