Gunco Forums banner

TV rant

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Abukai08 
#1 ·
rant on
I was chanel surffing stoped on the dicrovery chanel saw a show called Weed country and also a show called moonshiners these are shows of people breaking the law right or wrong it is a crime. I say this not to talk about these shows but to talk about the two shows the discovery chanel killed Sons Of Guns and American Guns. I just think it is shitty.rant off. sorry just got pissed off.

#2 ·
Well of course. Guns kill people dontcha know. But everyone knows that selling weed is safe. You'd NEVER get hurt or shot growing selling distributing illegal drugs.

(BTW, my position on "weed" is that it's all about government control, and it should be legalized ASAP.)

#3 ·
I like hte Moonshiners show and the Weed Country show much better than the Gun shows. The gun shows were extremelly boring. IF I want to watch hacks put together guns

Could it be as simple as they are airing what people are watching.

I like to watch people push the limits of stupid laws that I don't think should be on the books.

#5 ·
:lol: Tell us how you really feel. :D :D

And BTW - I didn't watch more than just a couple episodes of the two gun shows as they seemed like a soap with guns. :scared:

#8 ·
Gun shows were gaining in popularity and there were a couple dozen on various channels. Then the nutcases started looking for their 15 minutes of infamy and blew away a few people. Now the Progs are out changing popular culture with "gun are evil" and pressuring television execs to drop gun show programming. Just a couple years ago there were a half dozen "self defense" shows on Spike (one with Gerald McRaney). Thankfully we still have the Military Channel.

Today the Progs are now busy turning the younger generation into a bunch of effeminate pussies and force feeding them psychotropic drugs for fake medical conditions like ADD (when they are just boys being boys). They are removing the stimuli that make boys into men. Boys used to grow up playing "cowboys and indians", "cops and robbers", "army", etc. Now they are force fed drugs (chemical straight-jackets) and punished for drawing or pretending to play with weapons. No wonder when some are over medicated and become unstable. And when they snap the Progs say the state needs to give the kids more mind altering psychotropic drugs and more control over the nations children regardless of what the children and parents want.

America is going to be a very odd place in a few more years (if we last that long).

#9 ·
Yup the "Woosification" of American youth is getting out of control. Trying to teach kids that there is something wrong with them so you can shovel drugs down their throats and relieve them of any responsibility for their actions and the best answer is altering their prescriptions as opposed to altering the way they are raised and parented.

Victims are not born they are created. Now society does everything in its power to make people victims in one way or another which actually explains why it is so easy to make people anti-gun by highlighting their status as a victim and forcing them to be angry at the people who do not carry themselves as victims (most of us here) and turn them into part of the problem.

The current administration, if you haven't noticed, is not concerned with solving any problems. They aren't interested in any of the issues that currently exist, but they excell at telling you what to be afraid of and who is to blame for it.

Look at how they are starting to bring up inner-city violence in thei anti-gun tirades. When is the last time you saw some gang banger armed up and walking into a school to shoot everybody? They are too busy killing eachother with their illegally owned firearms to do that. So you get a crazy white kid who buys guns and carries out a mass shooting and you want to cite inner-city violence? The same violence they have turned a blind eye to until violence landed on their doorsteps. So the only common denominator they have is a gun. Whatever you do, don't blame a failed mental health system, glamorizing immorality, the popularity of surrendering faith, a system that excepts and perpetuates poverty, and a government who uses the governed as pawns to advance an agenda that at one point in would have been laughed off Capitol Hill.

No, no. Don't do that. Tell "Pookie" that it isn't his fault that he was born black in a poor neighborhood and he is a victim of his surroundings because the white man made it that way all the while allowing the only display of success he gets to be in the form of "Slickback" the local pimp or "Trey Dawg" the local crack dealer.

Nope don't blame failed leadership by our government, morally confused society, abdication of responsibility or perpetuation of a victim status... Blame Will Hayden. It's a lot easier. Blame the NRA. Nobody likes a group of white racist gun lovers. Hell you can even blame guns, inatimate objects. Those things are so much easier and pointing fingers is apparently what passes for leadership these days.

One thing WE can't do though is just blame congress or the President because then we just look like them. They have a heavy hand in it, but in the words of Marcus Tullius Cicero,

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and given him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the new wonderful good society which shall now be Rome's, interpreted to mean more money, more ease, more security, and more living fatly at the expense of the industrious."

We all saw what happened to Rome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.