Gunco Forums banner

Man makes "machine guns"

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  mauser1959 
#1 · (Edited)
Check this out

Marion Co. man making machine guns in home arrested, deputies say | www.wftv.com

I watched the news, dude made a few mp5's has an sks and a few others, holy cow MACHINE GUNS!!!!

The media is so ignorant machine gun=an externally fed gun typically via belt feed. They showed a 10 round stripper clip from an sks
they intentionally skew the facts.

They raided him on a tip thats the scary part for me, its getting to the point you can say anything about anyone and the police(gestapo) will kick your door in.

Joe

#6 ·
keep blabbing about your builds, post pic's, set up tutorials to get a rep. tell everyone at the range what your doing worst yet sit in a BAR and tell folks what your doing

myself and others gave this advise after december but new and current memebrs still feel they should post here and on other sites what they own and are building

I will say it again tell no one what you own and what you have including relatives, sister's boyfriends, extended cousins etc

#7 ·
Sprat,I tend to agree. But, these very things are what made this site what it is. I am leary of posting new builds but I do it anyway because I am an American, and my rights are protected by the Constitution, i.e., the 2nd amendment. Now that being said, when they haul me off to the gulag kicking and screaming I'll be thinking "I wish I had followed Sprats advise." And wise advise it is.

#9 ·
427, I often wonder, when I read certain posts, how old the poster is. Me? I'm a 61 year old Crippled Old Biker Bastard. And for me, this crap started back in the '60s.
I was asked by my commie pinko ****** Problems of Democracy teacher how my father treated me at home. Told him it had nothing to do with class work and was none of his business. When he asked me the fourth time, I told him if he asked me again he was going to the hospital. He didn't believe me.
Thank god for Justices of the Peace. Went before him, told my story, and he dressed down that POS teacher so bad I felt sorry for him.
I've been fighting this crap for 45 years and my father for 30 years before me. If you think it started in 2008 or 2001, you need some older friends.
Hunter

#10 ·
not me I am 55 what I wrote in this post was and is advice my father gave me growing up, we had a cousin who could not keep his mouth shut about what he owned, in those days its was the M-1 carbine and he had one well his house got robbed not once, but twice cause he told anyone who would listen about the rifles and pstols he owned and even after he got robbed he had not changed.

learn the lesson now, cause you may end up in jail or on bail fighting trumped up charges only to resolve the whole thing in 3 years and your property mistreated and rusty ( what did you think they would clean your confiscated firearms?)

if anyone (ANYONE) starts the conversation your answer is " I sold them all to a dealer after the event in december", and I borrow my brother in laws shotgun to hunt

#11 ·
In today's climate it's probably sage advice. Sounds more like pre WW11 Europe everyday.

Brown shirts everywhere.

Very sad indeed. It kinda takes some of the fun out of this sport nowadays. Back in the day it was a blast to go to the range and show off some target Mauser or Springfield you just finished building, now there's so many crooks or libs around,, you hardly dare show anything to anyone!

Anybody that builds something illegal nowadays is stupid IMO. Just asking for issues.
One of the many reasons I've just built target guns in the past, plus there my cup of tea anyhow. Never was much into the exotic stuff that much, sure I've had a few, but I like hitting stuff, not just throwing lead around helter skelter, even though it's fun sometimes. And with all the precautions I've taken no one will get away with robbing me anyways. Between 3 Chows, infrared cameras, good safes, CS, bear traps(yes I found a new one),R/C cross bows and shotguns , closed circuit cameras, numerous 220v surprises and some of the other unmentioned nasty surprises I have in store for a crook, they wouldn't get far around here. Remember the "fly swatters" in Nam,,,,got a couple of those set up too by R/C on a truck leaf spring!! OUCH, that will leave a mark!!!! Plus there is always at least one of us around the house at all times. All or any of those could be Ugly surprises for some one feeling brave around here! That's for damn sure.

Ask "stumpy" in Danamora Prison,,, he'll tell ya all about the bear traps!

That's not even taking into account what I carry or have stashed in the corners and conveniently located, or the nosy gun toting neighbors on both sides of me. Not much goes unnoticed around here.

#15 ·
They said five guns were converted to fully automatic weapons.

Investigators also said they found Lester carrying two guns on him without a concealed weapons permit.
WELL SOUND LIKE HE WAS BREAKING THE LAW . ITS PRETTY HARD TO RUN A FULL AUTO AN NOT GET NOTICED .
'
I get a little bothered by cops getting warrents from just a tip . a tip can be from any one who is afraid of guns or has no idea what is legal or not . Id hate to think all it takes is some one telling the cops Joe blow makes guns . Im betting there is a littel more to this .

#18 ·
That's the MAIn issue!! Getting raided because of a tip from someone. Any one of us could get raided in the same fashion because of a Liberal neighbor that has zero clue that what we build is legal per the BATFE. I have nothing to hide, but I still don't feel like having a SWAT team break my door down at 2 am with a warrant to search the place just because an idiot didn't like me, or didn't like that I'm a gun owner.

I have literally told several neighbors who knew what my hobby was, that I am no longer building, and sold almost all my collection. Told them I kept a pistol for home defense and a rifle for hunting. Other thsan that I sold everything because it was getting too expensive, and I needed the income from the sales to help out with my daughter's wedding.

#19 ·
Basically I learned a while back not to talk about all my hobbies, there is always someone wanting to profit off of your labor and if you tell them where all your toys are they will be right over. Now that could mean a thief or a hotdog leo wanting a few brownies points. I have never built anything illegal (well other than a couple of hotrods and I paid my fines on that lol) But by the time you pay bail get a lawyer and go though all the hassle you lose everything any way.

So what I am saying is yes I did build a few completely legal weapons back in the day but unfortunately they were lost in a tragic boating accident.

#22 ·
I think that Frige and I were on the Lake Michigan at the same time , or dang close . It was amazing to see a pontoon boat flip over , and the waves flip it right side back up in a minute . Those women were sure mad with their wet t shirts . I was sore that my boat anchor had sank , that will learn me to not use my safe as a boat anchor . I am going to be getting an air gun soon , so will need a new safe .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.