Gunco Forums banner

PSL Hi-Cap Mag Interest??

4K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  Sprat 
#1 ·
I figured I'd just start a new thread on this. Some of us have been discussing it on other threads, but it appears that Tapco might be on the fence about manufacturing some PSL mags, if there is enough interest. My suggestion is for all of us who are interested in them, (and even those that aren't) is to email Tapco and let our voices be heard on the subject. Maybe hearing from the buying public will spur them into action. Especially if it appears that there's $$$ to be made. Here are a couple of email addresses to Tapco:

techquestions@tapco.com

customerservice@tapco.com

Heck, post the info on other boards if you know others that are interested. I know there are a lot of PSL owners out there, as well as folks still building PSL kits, so I would think there'd be plenty of interest. Thanks!

#2 ·
if you mean other threads on other sites, this was discussed heavily on ak fourums and files, many have stated it is a waste, and its hard to convert magazine though i did see one that suppose to function, personally I would love to see more original 10 rounders I missed that boat and only have 5 for my rifle.

oh don't visit those site anymore I m bored with building ak's

#5 ·
Oh well. I thought there was more interest.

#6 ·
well i'll give you a bump back on this...

your also hitting this mid week.. give it a bump up on Friday for the weekend visitors. :)

#7 ·
Sent Tapco an email. This is the email and their response.

2:56 PM (19 hours ago)

to customerservice

Dear Tapco,
There is an acute shortage of original PSL magazines and original mags are very pricey. Many folks including myself are hoping that you might make some in the future. 10 rnd would be good, high capacity would be great as well. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
John Pearson
Stacy Riddle <stacy@tapco.com>
8:00 AM (2 hours ago)
to me

John,
Thank you for the product suggestion. Our R&D Department has looked into doing this in the past but decided against it. I will definitely mention it to them again for future consideration.
Stacy Riddle | Customer Service Lead
TAPCO

Personally, I think they are missing the boat on this one.

#8 ·
BTW, 2nd, I think there is MUCH interest in this. Thank you for the thread. I say that we should keep bombarding them with emails. Get your friends to send one. If everybody that had a PSL bought 3-4 they would make a lot of $. I would buy 5-6 to start with. I have ONE PSL mag. I wont spend $60 + on another. Just me.

#9 ·
well if you figure how rifles were imported and kits imported, it probably was not profitable, when they wrote back and said R&D did not find it doable, she had to have meant marketing, to make the molds, and the follower it must not have been profitable for them

#11 ·
yeah when i was after them all the time on this thats what they told me..... they would need a batch run of over 1,000 to even think about it..

been trying to see just how many PSL's have turned into working guns, we have a good start on that in a different thread.

#16 ·
no worries bud.. the more visibility we get ANYWHERE.. the more likely we are to get what we want. :)

i was originally talking to them about polymer.. but anything we can get would be fine.

#20 ·
yeah im more interested in TAPCO or someone we know with a printer than promag...

as far as STAMPING?

we can get a longer body with the corrected curve stamped out.. thats not that big of a deal. the feed lips/upper area would be the problem there..

#23 ·
Weill I finally got an answer back from Tapco "Hey Christopher,

Thank you for the inquiry regarding your product idea. All inquiries of this nature must first go through our legal department at corporate headquarters. You can find contact phone, email, and fax info here: http://www.remington.com/en/pages/our-company/our-company/company-info.aspx

Again, thank you for choosing TAPCO!

Eric New | TAPCO Customer Service
TAPCO

1325 Chastain Road, Suite 400, Kennesaw, GA 30144
(800) 554-1445 x109 | customercare@tapco.com

Freedom Group Family of Companies: Remington | Marlin | Bushmaster Firearms | DPMS / Panther Arms | H&R | Barnes Bullets | Advanced Armament Corp | Mountain Khakis | Dakota Arms | Parker Gun | Para USA | TAPCO"

So, now I guess I will send the same basic e-mail to Remington.

#26 ·
Yeah I sent it in to Remington, and they gave me a "case number" or some such crap.

#28 ·
Is there a direct e-mail address for CSspec??

#30 ·
Freaking Remington idiots. I sent the email to them, and asked that it be forwarded to the appropriate person or department. They send me an email saying that I need to CALL their Legal Department and give them the information on whatever product I am suggesting. Now why the hell couldn't they forward the email to them?!?!?!

#31 ·
now you see what i went thru for several months last year...

TAPCO is probably still the only real chance at it happening... unless Promag would step up... but im not sure promag has a good enough reputation to invest in trying this.

#32 ·
Yeah its a real pain!! LOL.

OK, here is what I got back from CSSpec:

"At this time I have too much money already out on R&D projects..

It is something we have had in mind before due to the cost of the magazines currently on the market.
Depending on the import of the Yugo M91 we may be able to make it happen sooner."

At least it's on their radar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.