Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kernelkrink
  • 1 Post By kernelkrink
  • 1 Post By kernelkrink

Thread: Taurus TX22 just arrived!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Taurus TX22 just arrived!

Saw the Palmetto State Armory sale on these and had to grab one, $210 after rebate! Even with transfer and sales tax it will only be around $240. I don't see them getting much below this, but with my luck the $150 sale starts in 2 days...

Came with 2 16 rd magazines, a loading tool, and the 1/2"x28 muzzle adapter. Also a small cable lock for your bicycle I guess? Trigger is pretty good, although I assume a reduced power trigger spring will be available shortly, I will be an early adopter of that one. Only negative so far is the slide stop is sticky, at least half the time the empty mag fails to lock open the slide. Racking it twice usually does the job but you can still push up on it and get more engagement. Should wear in, if not a little tweaking should do the trick. Mag loader is very helpful, easy to load with it. Front sight looks like a Glock one could be easily substituted, may need a little trimming on the part that fits through the slide though. Manual safety is a little hard to reach but flicks off easily. Applying it is a 2 handed action though. I assume extended ones will be forthcoming too.

First thing you notice is it is so light. Comes apart easy, although the bbl to frame fit seems a bit loose. People report good accuracy though so we'll see. Hope to get a chance to sight it in this weekend.

Now if I can just find a sale on those KelTec cp33S...
    Tommo likes this.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

will have to go look this up KK... not familiar with this gun.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

KK,

so went & looked it up..... they have a couple different versions at PSA.... which SKU number did you have to get the threaded barrel? it doesnt say on their site which one is which.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

https://palmettostatearmory.com/taur...1-tx22141.html

4th of July sale is off, they are now $10 more but still about the best deal currently available with the free shipping. About the size of a Glock 19 and supposedly with the tiny ejection port on the side there is less noise from gas escaping during firing with a suppressor. Maybe one day when I can afford the cost of the pistol as tribute to Uncle Sugar I'll see if that's true!
    Tommo likes this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

And they are back down to the $260 price but free shipping is gone.

Also they now have the FDE version although it looks more pink salt color to me on my monitor!

https://palmettostatearmory.com/taur...-tx22141f.html
    Tommo likes this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looks like a great deal!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

got that one bookmarked & its gonna be on sale at that price for a bit...

lets see if my OT money can be directed at that next week. :-)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Finally got the time to put a few magazines through the TX22, using plain old bulk Remington .22 "golden bullets". Figured if it would work with that stuff... No issues whatsoever, every round fed, fired, and ejected just fine. Slide locked open every time too.

Pretty accurate, I wasn't really trying to line it up perfectly but was probably holding an inch or so at 30 feet and most were going into less than that. Get some ammo it really likes and me on a better day and it should do even better. Recoil was a little heavier than one expects from a .22, I suspect the AL slide and overall light weight contributed to that. Not a bad thing if you are going to use this as a "trainer" for a centerfire gun. The size and feel make it ideal for that.

Trigger is excellent for a striker fired pistol. It is a "single action" trigger. Pistols like the Glock have a striker that is only partially cocked, pulling the trigger fully cocks the striker then releases it. Think a DA-only hammer fired gun that drops to half cock after every shot. The TX22 uses a fully cocked striker, all the short trigger pull is doing is releasing a sear. Consequently the trigger pull is on par with a decent single action hammer fired auto trigger. The sear acts the same way whether it is holding back a striker or a hammer. Trigger spring is a little heavy for target work, I expect the aftermarket will come through soon.

And even better, Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has them on sale for $170 after rebate! Free shipping too. I never figured they would drop that low this soon. If you want one, grab this deal! I may be getting one for the other hand...

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/214886

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

^^^ thanks for the update & finding another good deal on these. was sure gonna get one & then it slipped my mind in all the hubbub.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.