Post your "Bump in the Night" or "Zombie Killers" here! - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Post your "Bump in the Night" or "Zombie Killers" here!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

What were you in 4th,,by the looks, the bulk heads and door sliders look to be in a B-17,but it's been a long time sense I've been in one. So just a guess.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    What were you in 4th,,by the looks, the bulk heads and door sliders look to be in a B-17,but it's been a long time sense I've been in one. So just a guess.
    WWII B-17. The one they used in the movie on the Memphis Belle. Jim Veranis was the co-pilot for the last five missions on the Belle. I grew up around Mr. Veranis caddying on a private golf course. Had no idea who the fine gentleman was, us caddies all liked the quiet man. He was friends with our family also.
    B-17 flew into Executive A.P. in Ft. Lauderdale. .30 cal, demilled, was at the Nam reunion in Melbourne Fl. Next trip too Ocala, I have to take a pict. of the .50 full auto for sale at a fun shop. They want $50,000 grand for it in perfect running condition. I hit the lotto, first place I am a stoppin. Would love to buy an old WWII jeep and mount that bad boy on it.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

A Browning 30 would be more correct on a jeep 4th, and normally a air cooled one. 50's were normally mounted on deuce and a half, APC's,tanks, and the occasional Power Wagon, all those had a special ring mount for the 50's. The Jeeps normally had the single post with braces and a .30. Speaking of Power Wagons,,this is the 51 I used to, have,,,NOT QUITE IN MILITARY DRESS!!! Obviously,,,,But really Sweet none the less.

I thought I recognized the insides of a B-17, guess it hasn't been that long after all !! Some memories just never die. Funny part,,I very well may have been up in that plane before, way way back. Not sure how long Jim has been involved with it but ask when you see him again? I'll put up another pic of Pa in the B- 25 and when you see him again, show it to him and see if he might possibly recognizes the old man from way back,,it is a small world after all! He just might , there's not many "War Bird "owners out there after all,and this is when Dean Martin and Pa owned it. Ya just never know,he just may remember Pa,how cool would that be Bud?? We just may have mutual friends half way across the country.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

twa no Mr. Verinis was the co-pilot on the actual Memphis Belle during WWII. The film crew flew him too England during the making of the movie about the Belle. Sadly he passed several years ago. The Memphis Belle was being used as a cargo plane somewhere in Europe for quite a few years after the war. Old and tired she was about to be scrapped and someone researched her history and saved her.
    Jim 4th from the left.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh sorry bout that, I misunderstood,and thought he was the current co-pilot.

Is the Mempsis Belle in you're AO at the air museum that's close by you Tim,I forgot the name of it right now. It's been years sense I'd been there but they had some really nice planes there either flying or under restoration last time I was there. I miss going all over to the air shows with Pa, it was always a high point for me, not only by being able to talk to folks about the Prowler, but just riding around in a piece of history, that was an incredible thrill and always thought prevoking when you think back on her history.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Restoration of famed WWII bomber Memphis Belle flies high

Now this Lady gave the Nazis a bump in the night.

"It defied the Nazis and became the first World War II bomber to complete 25 combat missions and return home. CNET Road Trip 2013 checked out how it's being restored to its original glory"
    Restoration of famed WWII bomber Memphis Belle flies high - CNET

B-17 History | Liberty Foundation B-17 Memphis Belle Flying Fortress

twa the Memphis Belle that tours the country is not the original Memphis Belle but displays her name. You can pay to take rides in her when she visits a nearby airport. Picture of me in the Belle was years ago when she toured South Florida, Executive airport. During the making of the movie one of the several B-17s crash landed in England and burned. Group at Executive A.P. got the burned 17 and was restoring her. Not sure if their done?
    13 .50 cals. now that is some firepower.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Pacific Prowler a beautiful flying lady..

https://www.google.com/search?q=paci...F&ved=0CB0QsAQ

Some memories for yah Brother.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup,that's what she looks like now in her new dress . It was changed to that scheme after Dean & Pa had it.Someone from Texas I believe did it.

Can you imagine all those 50's going off all at once on the 17's,,,OMG!! That would lay down a serious case of whoop ass on most anything that fucked with it !!!

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

1919a4 would be cool for us ground pounders.an a6 would be great for somebody else to tote.

Feedback Score

Here ! is the best ZOmbie Killer For your interest....Visit here

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Search tags for this page

870 sling
emington but stock sling mount
remington 870 police sling
remington 870 police speedfeed

remington 870 sling

remington 870 sling kit
sling for remington 870
speedfeed stock 870
strap for remington 870

strap holder for remington 870 with mag extender

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.