10/22 Clone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Clone?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default 10/22 Clone?

Just got a flier from either SOG or J&G and they have a Rock Island 22 Carbine for $155, and it looks just like the Ruger 10/22.
    The article below even says how most parts, factory Ruger & aftermarket, for a 10/22 will work with it.
    Maybe this is way someone had a sale recently on 10/22s for under $200?

Well I did a quick web search and found this.
    Armscor M22: More than just a 10/22 clone | Home Defense Journal
    Don't know if / or how RIA is tied into ARMSCOR?

But if anyone in my area gets them I might buy one just to check it out.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I would say if one company farts the other coughs and says excuse me. Nice to see some competition on the 10/22.might need another that I haven't put a bull barrel on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

RIA is a phillipine company, so is armscor. they had a factory tour on the outdoor channel last year, whether they are same owners I don't know

yes competition is good
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Sprat, I knew armscor was from there, but didn't know RIA was too.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What I wanna know is if the triggerguard is metal or plastic, Ruger went plastic and MIM on several parts to lower costs. NOT an improvement as far as I am concerned!

As I understand it, Armscor or Arms Corporation of the Phillipines is the actual name of the company. RIA is the brand name they use for products exported to this country as the RIA name has more recognition here. In the Phillipines, Armscor has been around forever, so they go with that stamped on their guns sold there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought a 3.5"CITADEL 1911 and looked it up. Supposed to be a better quality than RIA but still Armscor is the parent company.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Got big bucks in my Colt.put a new trigger,sear in my ria like I did my Colt.it's what I do.I carry the ria. Trust it after a thousand rounds.

Feedback Score

If anyone sees these M22s for sale, please let me know. There are none listed on Gunsamerica.
    Has anyone tried one of these "Legacy ISSC M22 .22LR" pistols? It's Austrian and looks like a cross between a Glock and a Kahr
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Has anyone tried one of these "Legacy ISSC M22 .22LR" pistols? It's Austrian and looks like a cross between a Glock and a Kahr
    Don't think I've seen that one?

The ad I got is from SOG, you can only see the info on their site if you have an FFL on file, even a C&R counts.
    They must be advertising them before they have them in stock, the site has the "notify me" thing for them. But here's the info from them

ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 22 CARBINE 22LR
    # ARM-RIA22 (this is most likely SOG's number?)
    Ad price 159.95
    Product Description:
    These Rock Island Armory semi-auto 22LR carbines are brand new and never before been sold in the U.S.! A well made copy of a very popular 22LR 10 shot rifle (Ruger’s patent expired.). All mags and accessories that fit that model will fit this. 18 1/2” barrel. 37 1/2” overall length. Leaf type rear sight and fiber optic front sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's more what a standard 10/22 platform should run, 150ish tops. I can't believe I paid >450 for a Ruger Race Rifle,,the actual model designation, but it sure is spiffy and they only made about 700 of them in 2004 I believe. So hopefully I'll get my $$$ back out of it someday if I do happen to sell it later.

I've only ever seen one other in 4-5 years, so they must be rather scarce, and one's for sale on Gun Broker , used @ just shy of 900, mines still NIB, so I probably won't get hurt on it when I do sell it. I'd sure like to shoot it ,, but I just can't bring myself to do so. This is some pics of the one on Gun Broker for sale,,not mine.

Kinda like my 1962 " Camp Perry" Match Garrand still sealed in the wood crate with the lead seals still intact,,Oh Ya Baby. I've had HUGE offers for that one!! 10K has been the best offer so far. And I've got 3-4 people that keep calling regularly to see if I want to sell it yet,,,NOPE,,,Not Yet!

I'm all about unusual or unissued guns nowadays. Sense I've had just about every gun known to man at one point or another, so not to much impress's me much anymore.

I've got a unissued/ un-rearsinaled Mossin Hex, M-44's Yugo 24 Mausers, mod 59 SKS's, all unissued with the arsenal tags still attached and several others that are WW11 vintage unissued or damn near to it guns. Most I've had sense the 60's-70's when you could still find such stuff around, and most aren't import stamped,now days,,,forgetaboutit!!! You just don't find that kinda stuff anymore.

That's OK,,I've got plenty of other 10/22's , Garands, SKS's and Mossins to shoot! So ,,Life is good!

I'll keep the virgins,,,virgin. There my retirement fund!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.