New Production Sub $300 Handguns - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New Production Sub $300 Handguns

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

so is the tab pointing down/back? or does it have an up angle on it?

thats a weird thing to have in a magazine.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It's just bent back into the opening of the magazine a bit, here's a few pics from someone on the R51 forum.

Rounds Nosediving in Magazine/Feed Failuresdownload.jpg download (1).jpg

One on left has had tab straightened.
    2310_zpsmtyf9hwl.jpg

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

looking forward to seeing what happens next time you test it!
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Too cold here to fire it, but got some time to really examine and test cycle it. The Tulammo 115 gr I was testing it with is significantly longer than the Blazer Brass 115 I have on hand. The Tulammo fills the mag front to back, the Blazer leaves a gap. As does the 124gr HSTs I loaded it with. The shorter rounds should clear the tab better, I would think.

Discovered why it is hard to rack and jams the first round when chambering on a loaded magazine. The breech block is cut higher just behind the breechface, a lot of guns are like this as it allows the mag to be inserted without compressing the top round as it seats. On other guns, however, there is usually an angled "feed rail" that gradually gets taller as it reaches the breechface. This compresses the top round as the slide goes back, and engages the top round to shove it out on the forward stroke. Remington decided it didn't need that, so they left a full width at the breechface and made an almost vertical transition behind it to the cutaway section. This leaves essentially a flat bladed screwdriver shape sticking down right at the breechface. Pull the slide back on a full mag, that lip pushes the top round down and then catches in the extractor groove of the cartridge! It actually acts like the slide lock is engaged unless you force it past that point. It also pushes the cartridge forward in a nose dive.

Only way to load it without issues is lock the slide back, insert loaded magazine, drop slide. MP5 style! Fed the top round every time with the HSTs. So if you are carrying it, no condition 3 allowed.

When reassembling from a field strip, it is possible to insert the slide stop above the spring, which causes it to engage every time the slide moves back. Have to make sure it's below or you have a slow single shot repeater...

Supposed to be in the 50s next week, probably rain 24/7 though.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Search tags for this page

cz 75 pistol made in turkey

handguns made in turkey

owb holster for sar b6p

very fine 9 with my sar b6p

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.