Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits Starting July

Thread: Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits Starting July

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits Starting July

Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits Starting July
    Didn't see this topic posted...it's a rather important stinkin' change for a lot of us.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5001

"Thursday, June 25, 2009

Effective, July 1, Nevada will no longer recognize Right-to-Carry permits from Utah or Florida. They have, however, added Ohio and West Virginia as recognized states.

Each May, the Nevada Department of Public Safety conducts an audit of states and their Right-to-Carry laws for the purpose of determining which states it will recognize.

The Nevada DPS dropped Utah because it does not have a live fire requirement, which is a part of Nevada's training requirements. When the Nevada DPS first began its state by state audit of Right-to-Carry laws in 2007, DPS admitted to NRA representatives that they overlooked the live fire training requirement. After further review, they determined that Utah wasn't similar enough to keep it on the list of recognized states.

Florida will no longer be recognized because its permits are now valid for seven years instead of five.

The Nevada DPS and the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs will be hosting their annual Right-to-Carry forum in Carson City in August with a teleconference feed to Las Vegas. We encourage all members to attend this informational meeting. Details will be forthcoming."
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Huh Interesting..

Florida also does not require "live fire training" before issuing a permit.
    Just take the course "class room paperwork" and your done.
    If you have a DD214 Military discharge form, you do not even have to take the course.
    I wonder if that factored into there decision and not the 7 year issue?
    When I got my CCW in Connecticut, I had to go outside and put 6 rounds in a target before they would hand me the permit.
    No Wyatt Earp stuff, they just wanted to be sure you knew how to load and fire.
    That would make a good poll for someone to start.
    "Should live fire be part of the issue process for getting a CCW permit?"
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I walk into the Sheriff's office, show the clerk my D/L, fill out a form, plunk down $10 and my copy of the form becomes my temporary CCW. The Sheriff's office has 5 days to complete the background check and either issue the temp or deny. You can appeal any denial.

The State AG then issues you a laminated permanent permit in 2-4 weeks.

Do I believe that mandatory training or testing should be done? Hell no. Do I think every firearm owner, sidearm or otherwise, should be proficient in the use of that firearm? Hell yes. But no mandatory training or tests. A CCW permit shouldn't even be required to carry concealed.

Far more harm is done via exercising the First Amendment than the Second IMHO. No permit required for the First, why continue to burden the Second?
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Actually, Florida does require live fire after the class romm work. It is only one shot, but you must be able to hold, fire and safely secure the weapon
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am boycotting Nevada.

I have worked on projects in Northern Nevada and have a Florida permit for travel there since they don't recognize the Wyoming permit. Guess I won't be actively pursuing work or pleasure in Nevada anymore. They are becoming more and more like Kalifornica everyday.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

California has the forms and denies you outright unless you are a celeb or a politician.

is it a misdemeanor to conceal a loaded gun so screw it.

oh 2 sticks with a string attaching them is a felony.

did i mention i live in a liberal hell hole?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Don't feel bad. I'm stuck out here until I finish school. There laws on ak-47's is a joke. I see guys at the range stuck shooting 10rd mags. they have to be riveted into the receiver in order to be legal. Total Gayness. Cant wait til I move back to Ohio.

Feedback Score

ya it ia lame as all hell
    i dont even take my big guns out any more. i dont trust the law here they confiscate on the drop of a hat.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.