License?

Thread: License?

Feedback Score

Default License?

do you have to have a manufactures firearms license to sell 80% side plates?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by AKMACHINIST View Post
    do you have to have a manufactures firearms license to sell 80% side plates?
    Nope, 80% or under means it is just metal, not considered a firearm.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

If you're going to sell "80%" anything, best to get a letter from the BATF technical division stating that it is NOT considered a firearm, before selling.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

And even that is no guarantee they won't change their mind later and reclassify it as a firearm. BTW, "80%" is just a term used in ad copy, ATF has no "percentage" criteria. You send them a sample of the product and ask "is this a firearm, or not?" Depending on their answer you can sell it as a "non-gun" part or reduce the completeness a bit and re-submit.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Send in an EXACT sample. Let them hang on to it for 2 years then after numerous phone conversations they can still say, "its not a firearm" but they just never seem to be able to put it in writing.

I have had some plates reviewed and written approved come back in 11 months and some 2-3 years pending, the only difference is one small cut for the BHO lever on a yugo.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    the only difference is one small cut for the BHO lever on a yugo.
    Yugo AKs have bolt hold opens? I knew about the mags, but I guess I haven't looked at too many of them...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

The "M64" - the first model AK issued by the former Yugoslavia - had a receiver-based bolt hold open feature depending on modified AK47 mags. "M64" modified mags could fit in other AK series but not vice-versa. The feature allowed the mag to be dropped while maintaining the bolt hold back and when a loaded mag was inserted, a simple pull back on the charging handle and you were ready to fire.

For whatever reason, when what we call the M70 was produced the feature was dropped.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    The "M64" - the first model AK issued by the former Yugoslavia - had a receiver-based bolt hold open feature depending on modified AK47 mags.

Cooool. I'm assuming the hold open mechanism was a lot like the one on a PSL.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.