exporting castings ?

Thread: exporting castings ?

Feedback Score

Default exporting castings ?

So, I was planning to add a .45 1911 to my 9mm 1991A1. I wanted to complete a 60-80% frame but I have been told that US Federal laws prohibit casting export. Is it true ? thanks !

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel7384 View Post
    So, I was planning to add a .45 1911 to my 9mm 1991A1. I wanted to complete a 60-80% frame but I have been told that US Federal laws prohibit casting export. Is it true ? thanks !
    Good question. I am not sure on that one. But no weapons that were sold by our Govt., or on the lend lease to foreign Guberments. are "supposed" to be importable, back into this Country. Export I dont know.
    Then again. If you have deep pockets. Know the correct people to pay off $$$. You can pretty much do whatever you want.
    When in doubt. Call or write the ATF. Ask for the legal dept.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Are you asking if you can export a casting out of the US or into the US?

I'm guessing out, most companies won't ship any firearm parts out of the country, private sellers sometimes will if they feel comfortable with it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

I think the brother-in-law rule applies.

To a private citizen an unfinished casting is a paper weight. It is sold as such within this country. I would feel comfortable sending such a paperweight to my brother-in-law anywhere in the world. I would have no more hesitation sending my brother-in-law lost keys, family photos, or shoelaces.

However, I would send nothing of the kind to a complete stranger as it would involve a profit motive of some kind.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.