19 and want to do AK build in Maine

Thread: 19 and want to do AK build in Maine

Feedback Score

Default 19 and want to do AK build in Maine

Hi I am 19 years old and want to build an AK for my own use but the problum comes with the reciver. Would it be illegal to build my own reciver and turn it into rifle as long as it complies with 922r. I whent to a gun shop today that said that I could not build it becouse I was under 21 and the reciver could be made into a pistol. His closeing statement to me was that he could build it for me for $200 bucks. I live in Maine so I have never heard of this law unless it was changed vary recintly.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I don't know Maine law, but any AK build could be turned into a pistol pretty damn quick, so the fact that a bare receiver *could* be made into a pistol doesn't hold water with me. Sounds more like a shifty 'smith fishing for work.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Your gun shop is full of **** (we never hear about the good ones for some reason)

Under federal law, you can build any firearm you wish at 18 (NFA rules apply).

You cannot BUY a pistol or virgin receiver from a DEALER until you're 21.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

That was his point he keeps saying that I could not buy a reciver so why would I be able to build a reciver nice guy but I think you guys are right.

Feedback Score

Whelp, those are our dumb gun laws for you. Most of them make no sense whatsoever...

You'll get better acquainted with them soon enough. I can't wait another 2 years until I won't have to worry about dancing around laws on my builds...

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.