sbr and ccw question

Thread: sbr and ccw question

Feedback Score

Default sbr and ccw question

I am currently awaiting my stamp for an sbr uzi and I live in alabama. In alabama anything with a barrel less than 12'' is considered a pistol and a pistol permit is required to transport pistols in a vehicle. my uzi will have a 10'' barrel. My question is will i need a pistol permit to transport it? or since its techinically a rifle do I not need one? The uzi will be on a form 1 because i am 18 but you have to be 21 to get a ccw permit in my county.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If state law sez under 12" be a pistol, then it be a pistol. However, since the UZI changes bbls in 14.8 seconds flat, a second bbl of say 12.5" could also be had for your SBR and installed during transport. Not a pistola.

Feedback Score

very true kernel or what if i just remove the barrel during transport? 14.8 seconds thats impressive lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What does the law say about a disassembled pistol? Essentially an UZI with the only bbl in the bag is the same thing, while the longer bbl installed would take it out of the pistol definition. Or if ya had a friend going with, he could take the bbl in his vehicle.

Feedback Score

true that would work when taking two vehicles. my dad has a pistol permit so if i go to the range with him do you think it would be alright? or would there be issues because the gun is registered to me? I think your run of the mill cop would not even give me any more trouble once i showed him a copy of my form 1 saying ''short barreled RIFLE'' thats assuming i got pulled over and the cop saw the gun somehow. sorry for all the questions kernel im just tryin to make sure theres no way for anyone to screw me over by staying completely legal which is a serious pain in the ass these days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Dad with ya should be OK, he has "possession" but as long as you are there no "transfer" is taking place so both Fed and State should be OK with it. Personally, I would just buy a junk bbl for cheap and tackweld an extension on it for transport until you get your CCW. A want to buy your shot out Uzi bbl ad on any of the NFA sites like subguns.com or Uzitalk will probably yield an offer or two for just shipping costs. Sarco sells junk bbls for $20.

Sarco, Inc. - Search

Feedback Score

I had an eye on those bbls for a while when i was thinking of doing a 9mm ak but they have been sold out for a long time. Thanks for all the info kernelkrink

Feedback Score

And I thought 'our' gun laws were complex, that said all pistols are banned in the UK (except for sub 6ftlb air pistols (like BB guns)).

John

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Hunter..

Your laws in the U.K. are a cake walk compared too our laws regarding guns.
    Yes if you are a law abiding citizen in the States, it is easy too obtain and own a weapon.
    The problems arise, as kernel is explaining, when you have a weapon with a slight variation of your states requirements.
    One state says o.k., the other no.
    Like the question akfiend is asking.
    Our laws regarding legality, have become so complex.
    Even the people who wrote the laws here, don't know the rules.
    Call our ATF regarding legal questions on weapons. You will get transfers too 10 different people and still end up with no answer.
    How do they expect the average L.O. on the street too know the laws, when the law creators don't even know the laws.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

The bill that recently legalized sbr's and sbs's in alabama may have struck down the anything under 12'' is a pistol rule but idk. Im gonna write a letter or make a call to the sheriff and see if i can just get a pistol permit due to this circumstance since you only have to be 18 to get a permit but the sheriff sets the age for the county.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.