Browning and FNUSA and the Second Ammendment

Thread: Browning and FNUSA and the Second Ammendment

Feedback Score

Default Browning and FNUSA and the Second Ammendment

I stopped by the Browning/FNUSA's USA customer service center, which is very close to where I live and noticed something a bit disconcerting.

They have a huge sign plastered on their front entrance declaring that any firearm on the premises is to be unloaded.

Tell me how this is an indication of the right to keep and BEAR arms. I don't know about you, but I prefer to carry a concealed weapon with bullets in it. Seems to work better.

Your thoughts??

How would the sign be worded in order to protect the RTKBA?

I would note that MIDWAY USA, one of the nation's largest "all things shooting sports" distributors ENCOURAGES its employees and visitors to conceal carry. They happen to be in Columbus, Missouri. Maybe FNUSA's management needs to go have a chat with Mr. Potterfield?

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

Check out my Gun and Gear channel on YouTube:
    VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Having dodged a few bullets in my time working at a gun shop, I can see where they are coming from. As a service center, I would assume they are dealing mostly with fixing guns and adding accessories, general gunsmithing stuff. In that case everyone coming in is likely to be showing them a gun they want worked on or parts for. Do you really want people pulling loaded guns and manipulating them in in front of you, especially one needing work done to it? Remember, a CCW does not always require training and I've seen gun owners who are doing good to manage to load and unload a revolver without shooting themselves.

Our solution was to simply post a sign saying all loaded guns must remain holstered. That let people come in armed but upped the safety aspect as they weren't whipping them out to show them to the gunsmith or whatever. If they had to remove the gun to show it, it was done under supervision and handed over to the gunsmith with no manipulation on the owner's part. Still, I've had a customer "unloading" a .45 Glock blow a chunk out of the concrete inches from my foot, numerous holes in the ceiling, and one "trick shot" that took out a wall phone AND a shooting trophy!

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up 10-4 on that!

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Having dodged a few bullets in my time working at a gun shop, I can see where they are coming from. As a service center, I would assume they are dealing mostly with fixing guns and adding accessories, general gunsmithing stuff. In that case everyone coming in is likely to be showing them a gun they want worked on or parts for. Do you really want people pulling loaded guns and manipulating them in in front of you, especially one needing work done to it? Remember, a CCW does not always require training and I've seen gun owners who are doing good to manage to load and unload a revolver without shooting themselves.

Our solution was to simply post a sign saying all loaded guns must remain holstered. That let people come in armed but upped the safety aspect as they weren't whipping them out to show them to the gunsmith or whatever. If they had to remove the gun to show it, it was done under supervision and handed over to the gunsmith with no manipulation on the owner's part. Still, I've had a customer "unloading" a .45 Glock blow a chunk out of the concrete inches from my foot, numerous holes in the ceiling, and one "trick shot" that took out a wall phone AND a shooting trophy!
    A BIG 10-4 on that Kernlkrink,
    I had a man come within 2 inches of shooting me in the leg while trying to unholster his STAR PD, which had a defective safety....go figure.....as to why he was still trying to carry it locked and loaded well, not a brain surgeon...
    will6970

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.