"Sporting" rifles vs. the evil "assault" rifle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Sporting" rifles vs. the evil "assault" rifle

Feedback Score

Default "Sporting" rifles vs. the evil "assault" rifle

As a rising gunsmith, I think its best that I learn the difference between the so-called "sporting" rifle and the pure evil "assault rifle." Besides the 6+ U.S. parts, is there anything else I need to worry about? Because I have found an interesting Yugo M70 on apexgunparts.com and they seem to have a few parts kits for sale with bayonet lugs. Is this okay or is this another "evil" feature?

Also, in regards to the short-barreled rifles, I am almost 19, would I be able to make one and pay a tax on it, or would I have to wait another two years because I'm too young to deal with the evil short barreled rifle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Assault" rifles are capable of full auto by definition. Modern Sporting Rifles if presented correctly are no more evil than a WWI bolt action any more than a modern car with anti lock brakes, air bags and radial tires compared to a model T. Adjustable stocks allow firearms to be fitted to shooters of various sizes. Modular grip systems allow those with limited range of motion and prosthetics to properly manage a firearm. Muzzle brakes allow those in wheelchairs or otherwise disabled to fire big game rated calibers without fear of being knocked out of their chair. When the MD GA was faced with the ADA implications of banning these "copycat" features they cut the list to folding stocks, flash hiders and grenade launchers.
    4thIDvet likes this.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

That is a good explanation hvymax, well stated.
    Davyj14 if I was not an old cogger, I would for sure have gotten into the gunsmith trade. Good for you young feller, stay with it. Not being mechanically oriented, it took me forever to get the first AK build up and running.
    Are you going to a school for gunsmiths, or apprenticing or both?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The Federal AW ban sunset many years ago, you can add all the evil baby killing features you want if you follow 922(r). The only no-nos you are likely to encounter are full auto, and bbls shorter than 16" for rifles.

Several states have their own version of the AW ban, like NY, Kali, etc. If you live there you have to follow their rules as well. They vary, of course.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Maryland!!! At least we suck less than Joysey!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    That is a good explanation hvymax, well stated.
    Davyj14 if I was not an old cogger, I would for sure have gotten into the gunsmith trade. Good for you young feller, stay with it. Not being mechanically oriented, it took me forever to get the first AK build up and running.
    Are you going to a school for gunsmiths, or apprenticing or both?
    Actually I'm learning everything on my own, Its the only option I have right now. And since the SlideFire stocks haven't been banned (yet) like the SB-15 and 47, I might as well begin making plans to get an SSAK for at least one of my builds. My current job I'm not getting ANY hours it seems and I'm searching high and low for a more decent job. Luckily I live in an area with numerous factories, plants, and warehouse jobs. And the bayonet thing was the Clinton Ban right?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

dont worry about slide fore stocks an other mall ninja crap . worry about building a good gun first an gaining the skills you need .

If your job dont give you much money to play with a stock that lets you burn up ammo faster is the last thing you want .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What is a SSAK ??

Feedback Score

The slidefire stock. I've shot an AK with one a few days ago. To say the least, it was hella fun!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The arm braces are not banned, the act of using one as a shoulder stock instead of an arm brace is what has been made illegal according to ATF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.