U.S. Supreme Court Confirms Broad Scope of Second Amendment
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Latinrascal

Thread: U.S. Supreme Court Confirms Broad Scope of Second Amendment

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default U.S. Supreme Court Confirms Broad Scope of Second Amendment

Commentary by Dean Weingarten, Gun Watch

In an historic, but extremely short unanimous opinion, the United States Supreme Court has confirmed that the Second Amendment applies “to all instruments that constitute bearable arms,”. As this is an enormous class of nearly all weapons, the decision [could be] applied to knives and clubs, and nearly all firearms that have been sold in the United States. Nearly all types of firearms are more common than stun guns. From nbcnews.com:

“But in an unsigned opinion, the U.S. Supreme Court [on 3/21/2016] vacated that ruling. It said the Massachusetts court improperly found that Second Amendment protection applies only to weapons that were in common use at the time of the nation’s founding.

Referring to its landmark 2008 D.C. v. Heller ruling on handguns in the home, the justices said the Second Amendment applies “to all instruments that constitute bearable arms,” even those not in existence at the time of the founding.

More ... http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...ond-amendment/
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I likes this from the comments section . It a argument I use all the time when some liberal starts getting in my face about me not needing a Semi out or this or that because it was not available in 1776.

In WI we just got a a law passed tat allows us to have switch blades legal to carry if were legally allowed to own a fire arm .

If the law to current arms dies not apply since they were not available or manufactured at the time of the writing of the Constitution, then I suppose we could also force the rest of the 1st amendment supporters to go back to the quill pen, paper and hand press.
    They didn’t have telephones, typewriters, computers, cell phones, cameras, video, satellite link up or any other modern convenient way of telling the world how evil our firearms are.
    Push that back in their direction.

Feedback Score

That argument that the 2nd amendment only applies to what was available at the time the constitution was signed is completely an anti gun leftist "WET DREAM!" To even think that our founding fathers were so dumm to assume that they believed we would not evolve as a society as technology evolves is completely asinine!
    Last edited by Latinrascal; 03-29-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    Frogman likes this.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.