Gunco Forums banner

Cz-52/57 replacememnt barrels 762X39

15K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  moleman 
#1 ·
SO I finally found a guy who was willing to make me a replacement Barrel for a Vz-52 rifle .. I've had this project waiting for about 10 years.. just waiting on a barrel...the new one is not in the original caliber.. as the original is a dead caliber.. its better it is chambered in 762X39 now.. the original 52 barrel was junk.. so now I've got to figure out the best way to press the barrel in.. B2B

I'll post up some pics when I can..

See less See more
#2 ·
You confused for a while there......CZ-52 Yugo pistol (7.62x25mm)

vz.52 = Yugo rifle 7.62x45mm
Supposed to have a M1 Granad like bolt setup. I've never seen one.
Wikipedia image :

#3 ·
Vz-52/57 SHE rifle not a yougo but Czeck The vz. 52 rifle (often incorrectly called the "CZ 52") is a self-loading rifle developed shortly after the Second World War in Czechoslovakia.. the original was chambered in the 7.62X45MM the 52/57 was chambered in 7.62X39MM

#7 ·
the up sides..
Built like a tank..
very low recoil,
great trigger pull,
easy as pie to field strip...
was cheap back in the day..
now a bit hard to find..
adjustable gas system..

down sides
heavy..'
hard to find
not too cheap anymore.. a lot are in poor shape...
Some parts breakage is expected.. I've broken an extractor and several extractor springs poor design on the extractor spring.. good news they are cheap and easy to make.. extractor is another story...
10 rd factory magazine...but AK mags can be mod to fit..

#9 ·
some of the guys like these better than sks's..

just never got into these because of the AK's.

great pix indeed.

#10 ·
buddy over on the AK files is building one in 6.5 grendal custom made barrel... the Vz-52 is softer shooting than a SKS.. it field striped easier..and has a way better trigger pull.. the trigger group is identical almost to a M-14 /M1 Garand.. no gas piston.. folding fixed bayonet.. the receiver is a machined piece of art.. the only really weak point is extractor ejector..both are small and broken easier than a SKS....wish I had bought a bunch back in the day...

#19 ·
Hi Grod, BTB last signed in around December. You might try sending him a PM to see who made him the barrel 7 or so years ago. Really any gunsmith or halfway decent machinist with a big enough lathe should be able to make one for you.

Reactions: Tommo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.