What Tools Have You Added To Your Shop Recently? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Tools Have You Added To Your Shop Recently?

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocster View Post
    I recently got a nice 50's vintage Delta drill press
    Buy a couple of those collet-type tap holders with the turned-down end so you can hold them in a drill chuck. They're not particularly cheap, but they're very useful.

Presto! You now have a tapping stand, and you didn't have to pay $139+$34shipping! Those tape holders won't seem nearly as expensive after that...

I also recommend a 1/64-to-1/4" keyless chuck. I picked one up a few years ago, and instantly wondered why I had put up with chuck keys for so many years... it's one of those things that doesn't look particularly useful until you actually get to use one for a while.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

> Syncrowave

Welders seem to be the only class of fabricator who make a fetish out of blaming their tools. Whatever kind of welder you mention, they'll tell you how awful it is and how you can't do any useful work with it. (and whatever they have is so much better, why aren't you using one?)

On one of the welding forums someone mentioned he'd scored an old-model Syncrowave and immediately got dogpiled by people telling him how it was oversize, overweight, obsolete, limited in capability, and didn't have any of the zippity-do-dah electronic functions of the newer models, and was therefore basically scrap metal.

Sure, obsolete junk. Ones just like it welded up Apollo spacecraft, nuclear reactors, aircraft... I guess the guys back then didn't know any better.

Voyager 1 is 37 years en route, 130 AU out in the direction of Ophiuchus; it is the humanity's furthest reach into interstellar space. And none of its welds have failed so far...
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup there big, possibly obsolete and all that good stuff, but I always had good luck with one and It worked,,,more than fine for me. It did everything I needed it to do,,then some,,nothing wrong with them at all IMO. Not everyone can afford a brand new high tech units. The only issue I ever had with one was it got hot if you used it hard.

Hell some folks would bitch ,,,if ya hung them with a new rope.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I'm willing to bet that more lightweight inverter welders get stolen that 800 pound Syncrowaves!
    And if it does ever crap out , I have 600 pounds of copper in there! Heh...Heh
    If it was good enough for the General Electric aircraft plant it came out of, It's good enough for my needs.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

And if you need more portability? That's what Lincoln red face Pipeliners are for! Heh..Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.