Rotary tool recommendations
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotary tool recommendations

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Rotary tool recommendations

What do you use and what do you think is the best. I've been using a Dremel with a flex shaft but I think I may want to get a Fordom.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

My Dremel has lasted 14 years. When it dies I will probably get a Dremel or a Craftsman.

Feedback Score

I use a Ryobi , but accesories has died out, Planing to get a Dremel if i ever need a new one. Lots of parts and very common everywhere.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have a Dremel BUT I have been looking at the Bosch RotoZip tools. They are geared to the Construction industry and appear stronger and with more accessories. Definately worth checking out if your in the market.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I happen to use a die grinder I have right angel and strate. I did this only because I allready have plenty of air. I have adaptors so I can run 1/4" shank or 1/8" shank bits , this means I can run ALL kinds of dremmil accesories in it as well as industrial assesories. I realy LOVE the carbide rasps, kind of like end mills in all shapes and sizes, next favorite is the 3" sanding disks in all girts. super fast and handy. also the tiny dremmil cut off wheels are handy sometimes.
    I use a small flex air hose when I am doing delicate work and it is no differant than the dremmil cord. not to mention the die grinders can be cheaper if you allready have compressed air. I could not live with out it.. HAHA

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I use a Roto-Zip and it hass all the power you could ever want. Sometimes it cuts too fast so I bought a $6 dollar cheap-o Dremmel knock-off from H.F> and it works great for the areas that need slow going.
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

The Foredom tool is awesome.
    Back when I was racing, We used one of them for porting and polishing cylinder head chambers and ports.

It is one HD unit, probably overkill for this hobby, but if you have any other uses for it, they are the way to go.
    The foot operated speed control is the balls.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I use a cheapo from Harbor Freight. I guess it depends on how much you are going to use it. HF stuff is great if it's something you are only going to use occasionally.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score

buy a nice used bridgeport..haha..that would make a real nice rotary tool..we could all come over to your house to use it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I love my Dremel and flexshaft. Got tons of bits, burrs, sanding wheels, cutoff disks, polishing wheels... The Dremel's been around almost ten years. Wow, time flies.

Last Winter, I bought a compressor and started tooling up a small shop. My angled mini die grinder is getting lots of use.

That Dremel still has its place and will always be a valuable tool in the scheme of things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.