affordable tig welder ....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: affordable tig welder ....

Feedback Score

Question affordable tig welder ....

http://www.x20.org/industrial/tigpulse100.htm ......I ran into this the other night while pricing TIG welders .. europe seems to have had these for years over there,and so it seems it filtering our way ....any input on this would be nice ... seems it works on household current and the amperage is right on for welding up receivers and brakes ....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I checked out the site, that machine will not do Aluminum. It also looks like it does not have a start cycle. I have used tig and I am stuck on Lincoln. That said, the Miller Econotig looks like a good machine. I would look for a foot controller, parts and acces. availability, etc. I realize the Lincoln and Miller are twice as much as the one listed, but they do so much more. It all depends on how much and how you want to use it. I am into Harleys as well as scuba diving (who would have guessed) but with those interests, the more versitile machine is the way to go for me. That said, there is nothing like tig welding. It is hands and feet over everything else. Good luck, Jack

Feedback Score

One of the most important TIG accessories is the HIGH FREQUENCY option. The foot switch is really nice, too. unfortunately, that puts this well beyond the budget. I guess I have champagne taste with a kool-aid wallet. I am fortunate enough to have a nice big Miller TIG at work that I have access to, but barrelled receivers are out. Don't think the ladies in the stock room would feel comfortable seeing that... *****es.
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

my new machine will do aluminum, but honestly I wonder if I will actualy weld aluminum more than a few times in my life. If it cost $1000 more to do aluminum ,,, well that is a lot of trips to a local weld shop. yes high freq. is much better, but with practise you can get good enough with w lift arc. I have to admit I did upgrade to get the high freq. and the machine came with AC too. but I could have lived with the lift arc if I had to.
    in my oppinion the foot switch is only worth a nickel if it is set up for remote amps, some are just on/off.

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

HF has their Inverter on sale for $199.00 now. Of course it won't weld aluminum and it is a scratch start.
    Life Is For Service

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I do not see how you can miss for that price.. I tell you what BUY IT , give it an HONEST shot, then tell us what you think. if you realy do not like it or cant get used to it just return it. I had a strike arc typ for a short time and it was prety easy to get used to.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    I do not see how you can miss for that price.. I tell you what BUY IT , give it an HONEST shot, then tell us what you think. if you realy do not like it or cant get used to it just return it. I had a strike arc typ for a short time and it was prety easy to get used to.
    Although I am out of town for another week or so, I sniffed out a Harbor Freight and purchased the $199.00 TIG welder. It is stuffed behind the seat of my truck. I don't know what else I will need (except a bottle of argon and some filler rods). I don't even know how to use it. Only have welded with MIG and Stick.....poorly at that.
    Life Is For Service

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Tig is easier than sticks or mig. get some 2% thoriated tungstens and some mild alloy rod to practice with. A good gold reflective glass also helps. All you need is a steady hand to make a puddle and feed in the rod slowly. I am in SF also, if you need help getting started let me know.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    Tig is easier than sticks or mig. get some 2% thoriated tungstens and some mild alloy rod to practice with. A good gold reflective glass also helps. All you need is a steady hand to make a puddle and feed in the rod slowly. I am in SF also, if you need help getting started let me know.
    I am in Palm Beach County...I may take you up on the offer to get me started.
    Life Is For Service

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tig is easier than MIG? That's good to hear. My problem, and I'm surely a newbie, is being able to see the puddle when MIG welding. More practice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.