Got Her Done,,,

Thread: Got Her Done,,,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Got Her Done,,,

Well as the title says, I smoked a nice VT deer this AM @ 9:30. A nice 188lb cleaned dressed 8 pointer. He has a decent uniform rack too (sorry for the mud in the pics) but hey, it's froze on pretty good. 24 degrees and 25 mph winds today @ at 3500' or so. Ya know,,your typical balmy fall weather day here in VT,,,LOL !!!

I got him from my normal stand with just a short wait maybe 30-40 seconds tops,( seemed like an hour of course) , for him to get positioned just right for a clean shot about 75 yards out. One shot 2" behind the shoulder, 4 bounds and he folded up like a sack of potatoes. Smack dab in the middle of the snow machine trail I come in on,,,Perfect! Backed up to him , hooked him up, and off we went,,Done Deal! No muss no fuss! The last 3 deer I've taken there have all fallen with -in 20 yards of there, I Love it When A Plain Comes Together mister!!~! LOL

I know in some parts that's not a huge deer but that's pretty decent for around here. His horns are 15 1/2 at the narrowest, with the tines being 4 1/2,, 3 1/2,,2 1/2,, and 1" brow tines a real nice concentric looking rack. Future gun rack I figure.

Well now that's done, I'll let him hang for a day and get it ready for the freezer. Now comes the work part,,,but Man is it worth it to munch down on a nice tenderloin or steak smothered in butter ,Yummy !!!

MY DOCTORS GOING TA HATE ME FOR THAT ONE !!!!! Oh Well,,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Her Done,,,-img_1231.jpg  

Got Her Done,,,-img_1225-1-.jpg  

Got Her Done,,,-img_1226.jpg  

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nice! I took a huge doe with my 6.5 Grendel this season. 260 yards, dropped in her tracks. I'm guessing 130-150 lbs. before gutting. Wore me out getting it in the truck bed by myself.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Good deal, glad you filled your freezer too. That's just about what the doe run around here too 150ish .

This one wasn't bad sense I only had to roll it over and hook a rope to the wheeler,,easy peasy !!

His brother a 9 and 203 lbs clean dressed I got during muzzle loader 2 weeks later was on State land and I had to drag him about a mile before I got to the wheeler.

I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!

Pushing 70 now that one was Hell of a chore, let me tell ya, it literally took me all day ! I ended up getting a decent 243 lb Black Bear as well and that drag was a bitch too. A short drag but all through ledges and if you ever dragged a bear,,they drag like a ton of loose bricks in a bag, especially over rocks. Luckily only about a 250 yard drag to the trail where I could get to it with the wheeler.

Sadly my camera died so I didn't get any pics of them too before I had to process them. Everyone in the family got at least 30 lbs of meat for there freezers this year and I still have plenty for myself.

Smoked 2 nice Tom Turkeys a few weeks before deer season as well so this hunting season has been great for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

wow man you been tearing it up this year!

i dont shoot bucks, leave those for you rack hunters. but a good doe is always a treat!
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, you had a great year!
    Our does run on the smaller size, mostly. The ones I've taken have all been below 100 lbs. except for this one. It's now time to start thinking about mass murdering some of this swine that has taken over.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'll tell ya, there's nothing better than a nice loin from a 110 lb yearling doe,,,yummmm. Just a few years back our average doe ran in the 110-115lb range too. Now sense we have had a 3 point minimum on bucks for the last 6-7 years it seems the weight on the doe along with the over all quality of our deer heard is much better, weight and horn wise. Less hunters around willing to go where I go sometimes helps too. One place I hunt is a small mountain about 5 miles long and about 3 wide and I hunt that top to bottom and every square inch of it. Plus it borders a patch of State land that must be 30-40 miles square so there's a lots of room for me to roam,,,I Love It !!

Actually other than the bear and turkey this year ,I normally take 2 deer a year anyways with a tag left over. This year I got both mine early in there respective seasons so it just opened up a bit more hunting time for bear this year. The turkeys I got was when I was out clearing the snow machine and property owners trails and + scouting for deer of course! I always do that in all the places I hunt and it keeps me in the landowners good graces. A couple landowners ride horses and they really like that I keep there wood roads open and do up water bars where needed.

To be honest though,,it just gives me a Damn Good Excuse to be out in the Gods Green Forest doing what I love doing. After all I didn't work with the Forest Service for 16+ years,,,

just cause I like "Smokey The Bear" hats,,,LOL!! No,, I didn't wear one, so don't go there , smart ass's !!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.