Got Her Done
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Her Done

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Got Her Done

Well no more fussing around, smoked this one @ 7:38 this AM. 138 clean dressed "estimated', 8 points,,,

Oh Yaw Baby,,chow for the freezer now mister!!

Tomorrow there's major rain and wind storm coming so I'll get it wrapped and in the freezer. Back straps and scalloped potato's , corn on the cob and a nice frosty Long Trail IPA is on the slate for supper. Nice,,my mouth is watering already,, I can't hardly wait.

Next day I'll, be out chasing the ever elusive "Barnie" ,a close to a 350-400 lb Black bear I've been seeing but not been able to get a clean shot at for 3 years. Friday may be the charm, he's upon the "Big Mountain" too and his # is just about up if I have anything to say about it. I've been hunting him mono-a mono for 3 years now, (no dogs or bait) this year may be the charm??

Now let the work begin. The timing couldn't be much better though with the storm coming, Hopefully I'll get it all processed tomorrow and be ready for Fridays hunt. I know damn well I'll be dying for a nice tenderloin sampling when I get done then too,,no doubt !!! That's a big mountain with lots of ledge's. And he's a crafty one, going to have to work for him, just like anything from up there.

Me and 2 of my other disabled Nam Bro's are going to the high country after "Barnie"and to get a deer for both of them,,he's a big bastard!! Wish me luck!

Life Is Good,,,Killer gets it done, once again,,,1 shot,,1 kill Sadly I had only a quartering away shot so I think I toasted the better part of one front quarter?

Best part I only had to drag it 20 yards and was able to winch it up the ledge the rest of the way with the wheeler and a extra 30' piece of rope,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Her Done-005.jpg  

Got Her Done-007.jpg  

Got Her Done-011.jpg  

Last edited by twa2471; 11-18-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Cool! When I bag and tag a deer we usually have a "liver fry" with potatoes that night. Glad deer liver tastes so much better than beef liver (can't stand that).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I don't like any organ meat myself,,but my buds I hunted with do !! That's what there doing tonight too

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Y'all run em with dogs up there twa? So called Fox hunters do. Them and the road warriors are looked down on here. Curious about customs in different parts is all. I'm still a ridge runner. I just don't eat brains. Jeez! Blech. Just me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Canned deer meat good meat! Canned bear meat better! Love it! Just hate to cook it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry I didn't say it already. But nice buck brother! You oughta be proud cause I am for ya man. Really grow em good up there

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's just an average basket rack deer for around here actually, it looks to be about 2 1/2-3 years old I'd say, full molars with very little wear tells me that. I like to target younger bucks anyways, they taste better IMO!

When you get to what we'd consider a decent buck, you're talking 180-200 lbs or better and 10+ points, you just have to work harder for those though, and I just can't anymore,so I'm just glad Mother Earth allowed me to take this one.

I had 14 mounts I'd gotten years back all over 12 points , and from 200 + lb deer stolen from our camp, not quite state records,, but close and defiantly trophy deer in there own right and ones to be super proud of. Hope there found someday ,most were marked.

Check out the "Benoit Brothers" hunting site,

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...&hsimp=yhs-004 ,,,

this is what can be expected to be found here in VT if you put in the time and effort. There really really , good people and I've hunted with them in the past a few times mostly with Larry in the late 70's,early 80's, But you'd better damn well be one hell of a hunter, Cause Brother,,these boys hunt hard and will put you through your paces if you want to hunt with them !!! Kinda VT's version of Duck Dynasty !!

But, to be perfectly honest,,I hunt the younger ones now cause they are just dummer and easier to trick!! I'm no where as limber or as ambitious as I used to be, so I need all the stuff in my "Bag-O-Tricks" I can pull to get one nowadays !! Sucks being decrepit now and having to make allowances and accommodation for all the fun stuff I've always done,, Oh Well,,,,

I'd like at least one more trophy mount I could pass down though. I'll peck away at it as best I can and just hope some monster makes a mistake when I'm around. I ain't down for the count quite yet mister !!

Hell No we can't run deer with dogs here, BLASPHEMY!!! Ya get caught here, it will cost you a 5 year suspension minimum, thousands in fines, and they'll take your dogs, guns and vehicle too if used when doing so ! And ya won't get none of them back either!!!

Ya got to do it the old fashion way,,,you got to earn the game you take in this state generally,,it's the VT way! There thinking of taking dogs away for running bear now too,,and that's just fine with me,,it separates the men from the boys IMHO. If you can get a bear with out them or bait, then your a real hunter IMO and you've really earned your bear. Just a Danial Boone mentality on my part I guess??

Feedback Score

nice one twa.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks perry. It tastes pretty damn good too.

Had 3 meals of t-loins already and it's absolutely killer!!!

1 more small one and I'll be good through to almost next season, I'll usually run out in August getting 2 each year. I did have a very unusual 2 year dry spell though, that sucked!!!

We won't let that happen again! Almost forgot just how damn good it is!!!

Feedback Score

The inside straps are the first to be eaten the next morning after the kill served up in half inch filets with poached Eggs and fresh tomato slices on the side. Taking about a tasty breakfast yummy. And then of course the liver and onions for dinner. And i too prefer the younger deer, always taste better then the older deer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.