Albino Moose - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Albino Moose

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Yeah i have no doubt that my experience could have had a bad ending! We had no idea it was there until we were almost directly on top of that beast. Regardless, at 10 years old i was gonna live for ever because i was indestructible, lmao!
    Geeze; I hope that was one hell of a long time ago! Probably a homeless camp these days full of junkies & dregs of society.
    I remember the Nike missiles out there in the fifties & sixties. Nice aquarium back then also.

Cold War mission remembered
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Geeze; I hope that was one hell of a long time ago! Probably a homeless camp these days full of junkies & dregs of society.
    I remember the Nike missiles out there in the fifties & sixties. Nice aquarium back then also.

Cold War mission remembered
    Yes that was about 33 or so years ago. There use to be a rather large population of Fallow deer that ran wild on the island as well as a nice little zoo. After Mayor Archer much of the city including the island fell into great disrepair. The state took it over as part of the cities bankruptcy/emergency manager proceedings. Since the state took it over its now one of Michigan's State Parks and has not looked as good since the 50's. They reopened the aquarium a few years ago and really cleaned up the place. Chased away all the homeless and weekend tailgate parties of teenagers and young adults that were usually the source of all the problems that happened on the island. It's actually quite nice and is now frequently visited by Families for reunions, picnicking, fishing etc....

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Beautiful creatures! Begs the question,what's the plural? Meese? Can't be moose'es.
    Moose is bottlh singular and plural...funny you said meese tho. My mother got her best friend with that one once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Yes that was about 33 or so years ago. There use to be a rather large population of Fallow deer that ran wild on the island as well as a nice little zoo. After Mayor Archer much of the city including the island fell into great disrepair. The state took it over as part of the cities bankruptcy/emergency manager proceedings. Since the state took it over its now one of Michigan's State Parks and has not looked as good since the 50's. They reopened the aquarium a few years ago and really cleaned up the place. Chased away all the homeless and weekend tailgate parties of teenagers and young adults that were usually the source of all the problems that happened on the island. It's actually quite nice and is now frequently visited by Families for reunions, picnicking, fishing etc....
    That's great to hear! I see a lot on TV about Detroit coming back from the dead & it's encouraging to me. I worked at the Ford rouge complex in the early seventies & things were already going down hill then. ' Murder City' .
    I think the 68 riots caused much lasting damage. That & crooked Democrat administrations.
    Now days Dearborn is a whole nother story.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    That's great to hear! I see a lot on TV about Detroit coming back from the dead & it's encouraging to me. I worked at the Ford rouge complex in the early seventies & things were already going down hill then. ' Murder City' .
    I think the 68 riots caused much lasting damage. That & crooked Democrat administrations.
    Now days Dearborn is a whole nother story.
    Yeah we are still known as the murder city capital :\ unfortunately, but yes many areas of the city are starting to take a turn for the better without a doubt! Much of the citys come back can be contributed to the Illich (<sp?)family and Quicken. These 2 entities have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into the citys economy.
    I have many friends and family that have worked at ford rouge. Hell i had the chance to work for Ford 2 weeks after i was hired by Chrysler Jeep. I was able to work out a deal with the hiring manager to give my spot to my brother who just got his walking papers from the Marine Corp (honerable discharge) that same week and was on his way home and in need of a job. Basically he stepped out of his camo and into his coveralls with no downtime, It worked out perfectly for him.

I wasnt around for the 68 riots but from what i was told and seen for myself Detroit never truly recovered from that mess and then we elect a few criminals as Mayor (colman young, kawmi Kilpatrick) who between each of their administrations did more harm to the city then the riots ever could. Evil GREEDY [email protected][email protected]$. Anyway the city still has a very long way to go to be compaired to a city like Chicago (city life not murder comparrison) but we are definitely on our way to the promised land.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.