Just Anouther Day In Paradise,,,
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twa2471

Thread: Just Anouther Day In Paradise,,,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Just Anouther Day In Paradise,,,

Went out and did a bit of fishing today and it was ,,Just Beautiful outside today. Around 30,,,YES 30 ABOVE!!!! He Haw!!! I almost forgot the last time I saw that.

Fish were biting decent,the ice is still 2 ' thick so we can still drive on and "couch fish", hung out with a half dozen friends, had a couple strawberry daiquiri's and a fish fry with Gods great outdoors and fresh air as a backdrop,,does it get any better than this??? Seriously,,,,

Life is good,,,thank ya Lord,,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just Anouther Day In Paradise,,,-good-day-002.jpg  

Just Anouther Day In Paradise,,,-good-day-003.jpg  

hvymax likes this.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Looks like a lot of good clean fun!
    I used to love ice fishing with grandad. They had a nice cabin/home on a lake in the UP of Michigan. The whole lakeside was picture windows. We would go set up great grandpa's home made tip ups & then sit in front of the fireplace playing rummy waiting for the action. BIG northern pikes. And of course a bunch of bait stealing hammer handles. Heh...Heh

That was in the days of chopping your holes with a spud. Probably don't even sell those anymore?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It sure is, I picked 26 lbs yesterday, and I'm guessing about maybe 35 lbs today. And for anyone that pan fish's,, that's lots of fish. I probably put about as many back the last 2 days as what I kept, so the fishing has been good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

3/297th Inf Retired AARNG Akfite's Avatar
    Feedback Score

What are those sun fish? I used to catch Blue gill about that size in Ohio we just fried them up in corn meal. Now I use stuff like that for bait..lol Halibut love Herring Its 45-degrees here today can't chance going on the lakes now
    Last edited by Akfite; 03-24-2015 at 09:49 PM. Reason: update
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I would not want to fillet that many fish.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wouldn't either Bradrock,,I sell them to a fish buyer 5 miles down the road from my house most of the time. I usually do up a few at a time when I want fresh fish to eat and sell the rest. I did better than I expected yesterday, ended up 47.5 lbs. Mixed Gills, crappie, perch, and seeds( sun fish). Not to shabby. I'm guessing only around 25-30 lbs today though ,got out late after bringing my pup to the vet and a strong front moved in around 5:00 and shut them down early. So didn't fish that long today. The ice is starting to turn to shit now too,, so just a few days left with this warm weather and large amount of run off.

Yup AKfite,, I filet them, roll them in flour and spices after a egg wash and deep fry them,,,yummy,,yummy!!! Good eating there Mister. Sometimes I just use garlic and salt and pepper,sometimes Cajun, and sometime Mesquite crust,,depends on my mood.

I know what ya mean though,,I'd been up there fishing Kings, Coho, and Chinook way way back,, beautiful territory and incredible fish to catch there,, I could live very comfy there,,and I really love it there. A guy I was in Nam with,his father ran a guide service out of Barrow in the 70's, and I made 3-4 trips up that way over the years. As a matter of fact I damn near moved up there in the early 80's but didn't,,kinda sorry in may ways. I worked and lived in the back country for many years and I dearly miss it now,and in Alaska there is ,,Plenty ,,, of back country to go around!! To say the least!! I felt very much at home up there. Sadly I haven't been back sense 83-84 ish, and now I'm to decrepit to go back again.

I'm not a cruise type of person and I'd want to be in the back country up on top of Flat Top , McKinley or Cleavland again,, but not going to ever happen again,,my hiking days are over. I did a major hike down a line of ridges that was on the Alaska peninsula with a wide river basin below it too,,I can't remember the name of the range right now, but you might know it. Just Gorgeous!!! Pretty damn rugged too.

Cleavland really blew me away,,that was my first assent on a active volcano,,very cool indeed!!!! A bit scarey when the ground would shake under your feet too,,that was a frigging rush!!

First time it happened,,I didn't know weather to shit or go blind!!!! Pretty freaky and I damn near turned around when a big gas cloud came out a couple miles further up the trail,,never saw that kinda shit before!! Very impressive indeed and sitting on the rim looking into the caldera was absolutely crazy!!!!! Coolest thing I ever saw!!!

Feedback Score

nice twa, nice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Makes my bones ache just thinking about it. Brrrrr! We got mosquito swarms already here. Already had to cut the damn grass twice.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

spent the other evening out all day in the wilds of central florida, was not to buggy and the snowbirds have left down right pleasant
    here, I hit the saltwater canal everynight now

thats paradise
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.