How to use ar mags building ak in 556 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to use ar mags building ak in 556

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Just weld some lugs on AR MAGS .
    Are mag rebuild kits or actual mags not legal in your state??

How is a ak mag illegal an AR mags not? ?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

also i forgot

to use ar mags in ak's the trunnion has to be openned up if a 74 trunnion was used, the ar mags would fit if a 47 trunnion was used to make this 223/556 ak
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Just weld some lugs on AR MAGS .
    Are mag rebuild kits or actual mags not legal in your state??

How is a ak mag illegal an AR mags not? ?
    The mags need to be preban.... Made before a date in 1994 if there over 10 rds .
    the problem is trying to get a company to send any mag over 10 rds to mass.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Galil mags should be pre ban I would think . if there legal just get some one to buy them an ship them to you IF LEGAL TO DO SO .

A dab of weld on the front lug an there the best 223 mag for a ak around IMO some guns don't even nned to be modified my 223 varmint rig runs them as is .

also i forgot

to use ar mags in ak's the trunnion has to be openned up if a 74 trunnion was used, the ar mags would fit if a 47 trunnion was used to make this 223/556 ak
    correct I figured he knew that already . It also a reason I don't screw with the conversion crap I don't like grinding on stuff that holds 50,000 PSI of pressure away from my face .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Galil mags should be pre ban I would think . if there legal just get some one to buy them an ship them to you IF LEGAL TO DO SO .

A dab of weld on the front lug an there the best 223 mag for a ak around IMO some guns don't even nned to be modified my 223 varmint rig runs them as is .

correct I figured he knew that already . It also a reason I don't screw with the conversion crap I don't like grinding on stuff that holds 50,000 PSI of pressure away from my face .
    I think I'm just going to go with ak 555 mags. Seems like it will be the easy way .

What mags are interchangeable ? From what I read there not all the same.
    I have a Bulgarian 74 kit I'll be using for my build and I'll be buying the ak-buikder barrel.
    I've mainly just built normal 5.45 and 7.62 kits up for friends. Few 54r kits for my self plus my 45acp build.

Can I get away with buying a 74 receiver and opening the mag well up? Like try to insert and see where I need to cut away ? Or would I be better off with a blank with no magwell?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

a AK 74 receiver will likely work just fine . I made all my 223 from tapco flats .

what you you use will depend on what you choose to start with .
    I would look hard at the galil mags mine interchange with bulgys once the front lug is built up slightly an some times its not needed . the bulgy feed fine . pretty much any ak variant in 223 mags will work fine if the gun is fitted to them .
    Chinese 223 are narrower an hard to get .

With a 223 getting the mag up high as possible an perfectly centered is important as bolt over ride can be a issue .

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

leave the 74 trunnion alone and go with the beryls they are made for the 74 trunnion in 223. the poles did this on purpose, when they joined nato and switched to 223/556

BERYL CLEAR 30RD MAGAZINE USED, they are out of stock but he is getting more, you will find these on ar-15.com and on the those silly ak sites in the for sale sections

big gun

I assume he did not know this, as his questions where leading to think he needed to be reminded

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

leave the 74 trunnion alone and go with the beryls they are made for the 74 trunnion in 223. the poles did this on purpose, when they joined nato and switched to 223/556

BERYL CLEAR 30RD MAGAZINE USED, they are out of stock but he is getting more, you will find these on ar-15.com and on the those silly ak sites in the for sale sections
    there you go .

I might have to get one of these mags myself at some point .

Feedback Score

Man you guys got me so confused lol ....
    I don't know what mags to buy now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

we just told you save yourself alot of trouble and get 223 mags made for 74 trunnions no conversion

I will apologize, big gun and I are talking slightly above/around you, not on purpose,

so forget those conversion adapters, converted 5.45 mags, grinding on trunnions and get the Polish beryls when they come back

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

556 ak mag adapter

ak 556 mag conversion

ak mag adapter

ak to ar mag adapter

ar mag adapter for ak

canis ak concersion

canis ak mag adapter

canis ak magwell

canis galil mag adapter

how to build ak to use ar mags

how to convert ak receiver to use ar mags

pap m85 magazine adapter

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.