M11/9 semi info - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M11/9 semi info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I only added material to the back. The bevel locks the two together so it doesn't cam the sear bars up into the feed ramp. Adding the material also preloads the sear taking up some of the slop and shortening and lightening the trigger pull. You obviously need enough sear engagement to be safe but don't need the entire 1/4". Sorry about my sharpie scribblings on the back of an envelope.

Feedback Score

No problem with scribbling, I'm just not familiar with this type fcg, I'm gonna fool with it this week and see if I cant smooth it out a little, it all makes sense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I just filed the notches in the sear bars. Added metal to the backs on the trigger bar then filed till everything worked the way I wanted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Yup, makes sense, I'll have at it in the next couple days, I ordered an extra sear bar and trig block from FTF

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hvymax View Post
    I just filed the notches in the sear bars. Added metal to the backs on the trigger bar then filed till everything worked the way I wanted.
    hvymax, I did the mod as you recommended, it took some tweaking but it worked well, I also polished the hammer, I think my holes were a little low so the hammer was dragging on the bottom of the receiver, I am ready for duracoat. All things considered I would say the most difficult part was finding reliable and consistent measurements for hole locations, difficulty level overall I would say its much easier than an uzi de-milled kit but more difficult than an 80 % AR build. This build is the least expensive of any others I have done, I will add that an AR 15 can be done for probably about the same money depending on the upper and lower kits you use.
    Last edited by Timo; 02-26-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah. Most places are pretty ambiguous about hole placement. Probably a liability thing. I recall a lot of trial and error on mine originally.

Feedback Score

Duracoat today will post some pics as soon as I get a second.

hvymax, I made those adjustments and mods you recommended(add material to sear bar), It is much better and shoots ok but I purchased the larger cocking knob, it still pretty tough although I will say the more I shoot it the easier it gets, I do also need to do something with the front take down pin, its pops out from time to time, I would like to find a two piece that screws together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ya gotta break it in! Go rip a few hundred through it. Did you try pulling the trigger while pulling th cocking handle back? It takes the sear pressure off of the hammer making it much easier. I consider it a safety feature if someone else were to get the gun first.

Feedback Score

I didn't try that, I never thought of it but it makes sense.it shoots ok the only problem is the windage is off, I was thinking of twisting the rear site with a adjustable wrench?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You could file the rear sight and either center the front or fill the off side some.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.