PM63 Barrel, Almost like I knew what I was doing. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PM63 Barrel, Almost like I knew what I was doing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It is nice when things go smoothly , isn't it Pyrotex.

Myself I never knew what to expect when I used anything at the shop. Lord knows who else had been using the shop tools when I wasn't looking ,, or what they had broken in the process!! 9 times outa 10 it was something, almost guaranteed !!

Not that I even pretend to be considered a machinist, but at least I knew how to use the equipment properly without breaking shit!!

Between the boss and one other blowhard kid that thought he knew everything,, something was always broken in the machine shop!!! Hell, they even managed to destroy a 10"chuck beyond repair and all the internals were broken and tweaked and even the outer housing was cracked,

How in the Hell someone managed that,,,I Don't Have A Clue ??? It must have taken SOME KIND OF DOING to accomplish that though !!!

Bit's , end mills, cutters, ect,,,well ,,I won't even go there on that one ! No one but me thought cutting fluid was necessary,and every bit and mill looked it too !!!

The only ones left that were any good , were the ones I had stashed in my tool box,,,

Gawd How I Hated Working With Butchers!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Damn TWA, I didn't know you used to work where I do! Anytime I need to use a piece of shop equipment it's either broken, missing essential items, or is full and needs emptied.

We got one guy here who is a genius when it comes to fabricating, he can make a weld that grinds down perfect with no pinholes. But when he is done all his tools and all the ones he borrowed are still laying on the floor. Oh yeah, he must be related to one of those Khyber Pass gunsmiths, he ALWAYS is crouched down working on the floor even when a bench is right there! The only thing he uses a bench for (or the roll around eguipment) is a place to pile tools. Whenever he needs one, he has to go over the whole shop to retrieve it. And he just bought a custom made $18K toolbox, I bet you right now more of his tools are laying around the shop than sitting in the box...

A guy with a sharp, unbroken drill bit in this place guards it like his daughter's virginity.
    twa2471 likes this.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Guys I used to have to work with a maintenance person who was a carpenter. No problem till he took a claw hammer to a 1.25 million dollar piece of equipment I was operating. Sad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I ended up telling the supervisor I didn't need a carpenter to work on my equipment.two weeks after I left he called to ask me if I would come back part time for the same pay. Company closed about a year later.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

when tony first posted these kits and build and was doing the barrel it raised my interest. but sadly Im going pass I may regret that but he has done a fine job of getting these kits up and running
    Pryotex likes this.
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Tony keeps telling me that im gonna be doing one of these....

ive been putting it off till he was ready to roll, looks like its now gonna be time eh?
    Pryotex likes this.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's some funny shit there Kernel,,you hit the nail right on the head with your description of the chuckle heads you have to work with. Same as with the marina. Outa 8 year round guys,only 2 were butchers so the ratio's weren't to bad !!

Sadly the boss was the worst of the bunch !!! Plus,,HE JUST DIDN'T HAVE A FRIGGING CLUE WHAT HE WAS DOING!!! Slam- Banger, Rube Goldberg ,,personified!! OMG!!!

He could never quite grasp the concept of "an ounce of finesse is worth a pound of hammer" !!

A "Master Butcher" that makes even Bubba look good,, to be sure! Thanks for the laugh kernel,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

pm-63 barrel

pm63 barrel

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.