padded MOLLE "Bat Belt" in larger sizes?

Thread: padded MOLLE "Bat Belt" in larger sizes?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default padded MOLLE "Bat Belt" in larger sizes?

In my quest for something to hold a bit of extra mags and other gear I have run into the fact that purveyors of padded MOLLE "War/Battle Belts" apparently think a "3X Large" is somewhere around a 35 inch waist! I will never be high speed or low drag, but I am definitely not alone in that respect! You would think the manufacturers would make something that fits us big boys but apparently not much is available...

Maybe it's just the way I see them being worn in vids, universally the guy showing them off is rail thin and the wide mounting part of the belt is right up against the buckle with no narrow part of the belt showing much at all. When I try the larger sizes on, while the narrow belt will often fit just fine if I adjust it all the way out, the wider mounting area ends somewhere around my side pockets. IOW, a holster mounted strong side would be on the very last set of webbing or even on the narrow belt section. So technically they do fit but not like I see them being utilized.

This would seem to be less than optimal, I may be fat but that extra girth means I can slap an extra half dozen mags on there if the damn belt was just long enough! The skinny guys will be throwing rocks while I'm still laying down fire! Would also seem to be more stable if the full width went all the way around me.

So does anyone know of a reasonably priced belt that is longer than most?

Feedback Score
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Member#348

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I looked at that one but hardly any give the actual length of the thing, the size they list is what the belt they go over would be.

Finally took a chance on this one, it at least gave a length of 43" for the actual size of the item. And at $22 I can afford to experiment with it.

https://www.5ivestargear.com/molle-e...s-support-belt

Grabbed a set of these to hold it up:

https://condoroutdoor.com/215-h-harness.html

And for the actual belt I decided to go with an Uncle Mikes Sentinel police duty belt. Cheap @ $15 and they make some pretty huge cops, the one I got is actually almost too big, if I lose any weight I'm gonna have to go a size smaller.

The thing fits pretty good, the slots in the outer belt for a drop holster line up with my leg pretty good. I figure a drop and offset plastic bracket for a Kydex holster will fit on the Sentinel belt and stick through the opening just about right. Still lots of belt sticking out the ends compared to what you see, but I figure a double pistol mag pouch on the off side will fit on the exposed inner belt right between the molle belt and the buckle. It even seems to have a padded back support in it, if I could cinch it tighter it might help with the old back pain!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.