357AR - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 357AR

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    I was thinking about and was looking for a 45LC AR upper a few weeks ago. I always enjoy your post.
    Please let us know how your quest goes.
    "I wish I had invented a lawn mower"
    Mikhail Kalashnikov in later years

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
    I ordered two boxes but I should've done four.
    With the 750 starline cases that pushes me pretty close to at least 1500, but it is very nice to just be able to trim and ream in one step and have a case ready to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you've got a lathe or access to one it could be done if they'll feed out of 44mag Desert Eagle mags. Be easier to headspace off of the case mouth, but you can also leave a lip on part of the barrel to headspace off of the rim. Much easier and cheaper would be 45 Win Mag or 44 AMP and use 450BM mags. 1Biggun and I have 44x1.6" piston uppers (top pic) based off of the 444Marlin AK thread from here. At 1.6" case length the case capacity works out to be the same as a 445 Super Mag which also has a similar working pressure so book loads can be used. Working on finishing up a 44x1.8" in an AR15 upper (bottom pic) that will match the same upper in my AR10 (middle pic). You have to use a fancy rounded lugged bolt/extension that adds $200 to the cost which oddly makes an AR10 upper cheaper but you end up with a semiauto rifle that can beat a 21.5" barreled 444 Marlin only using a 16.5" barrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You get that tattoo yet?
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nah, but I think my Sheldon lathe found it's nickname.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What are you using for projectiles these days in the 357AR?
    Oh and how beautiful are those 556 basic brass, wow.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm shooting alot of the speer 180gr HCFN bullets. They don't open up as easily as a 180gr Hornady SSP but they're pretty close to the same profile and open up well out to 150yds or so. I haven't tested the 200gr ftx bullets yet, but they should work well also. The 200gr sierra RN is also decent and feeds well and isn't overly long which lets you run it at a decent speed. For target shooting lots of 158gr XTP or 180xtp, with an added bonus of the 180xtp will open up well at longer ranges and still perform well under 100yds.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hunted with several different guns this year, but one evening My son and I both got a doe a few minutes apart using our 357ARs. We were using a box of cartridges I'd originally loaded up on 10/24/14 and used to take the buck that's posted a few pages back. Pretty sure at least one or more of the other deer we've taken were with that box of cartridges also. Finished up another upper after Christmas with the first 357AR I've owned where I didn't make the barrel. Didn't make it out for late doe season but will add it to the rotation for next year.
    2018does.JPG
    brandnew357AR.JPG

Got a few criptic messages about "big things coming for this cartridge" within the past year and figured it was just someone excited about it or a nut. Just before shot show it was leaked that Winchester was releasing a cartridge called the 350 Legend which looked a lot like the 357AR. After the official announcement it seems they modified the case slightly with the main difference being .11" longer which is odd. With the same Max COL we've been running the longer 350L case just ends up covering the bullet more and doesn't gain you any usable case capacity. It lets them pretend it's not the 357 REMINGTON Maximum-Rimless (357AR) though. I know it makes a great deer gun for a straight walled area and with the availability of factory ammo for those who don't reload it will be a good option for those areas.
    350legend.jpg
    CMMG350L.JPG

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Search tags for this page

357 maximum brass

357ar

357max rimmless

357max rimmless in bolt gun

357max to 300bo

weaponsguild 357ar

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.