80% receiver tips - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 80% receiver tips

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R View Post
    max -- are you up to a room full by now?

Moderation is for those who don't know how to succeed with excess.
    Winn you must have missed the pictures Max put up of his new gun safe buildem room? Hell its the size of my house. Put a bed in their yah could live in it.

Chief I got to check my finances for next month and look into getting one of those rigs. Damn I just checked my statement and I dropped about $1,400 + last month or so on these damn ARs.
    I thought the AK bug was bad I ain't seen nuttin till I started on these toys.
    I stop over and see the guys at Tactical Machine and grab a receiver when passing by. They warned me they were getting backed up on orders in December. Damn now their out of stock trying to catch up, so much for the good prices I would bet?

AR-15 Lower Receiver Stripped
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I have found the tactical machining almost always shows the receivers being out of stock on the website. However, if you call, they will either have them in stock or will have them within a few days. You can always put in the order and they send them as soon as they have made them. This happens every time there is a buying panic. This one will die down as so many before them. I find they respond to the website much slower
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiroone View Post
    I have found the tactical machining almost always shows the receivers being out of stock on the website. However, if you call, they will either have them in stock or will have them within a few days. You can always put in the order and they send them as soon as they have made them. This happens every time there is a buying panic. This one will die down as so many before them. I find they respond to the website much slower
    Probably so Chiroone my problem is their only a few miles away from me and I get drawn into the building like a magnet when I go by their. I did look at their order list last trip and my God their was thousands on order.
    I will try to stop by next week and see what is going on.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Max- any tips or suggestions for doing an Ar-9 80% receiver (like this one https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/c...ck-style-mags/ )??

4th - maybe when your at tactical machine again you can ask them if they are going to make a receiver for a 9mm AR that will accept glock mags (or maybe one that could use beretta mags)? https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/c...ck-style-mags/ IT would be nice to have other options than just the 9mm lowers made by New Frontier Armory and QC10. Of course there is the expensive option from Angstadt Arms too https://angstadtarms.com/0940-receiver-set/
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

sniper yes I will ask em no problema. Not sure how that would work to tool up for those receivers and what it would take. Thing is their so busy just with what they have going now I am not sure if it would be financially feasible at this time? Tact. Machine has around 20+ employees going full tilt 5 days a week.
    I have your number and know them pretty good over their, hell I will give yah a call next trip through their and you can talk to em.
    Keeping America the best armed citizenry in the world.

ADD: Maybe a large enough group buy could "possibly" get them interested? Let me ask first and see what they say and "if' they can?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

4th - if they are willing to make them (their version of them), I'm sure they will sell. If it requires a group buy - well I know I would be in for a few.

Nice thing is that the AR receivers that take glock mags aren't just limited to just 9mm. Guys are using them to make pistol caliber carbines in other calibers too.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I started an "AR-9" style 80% before I deployed out here, one that would take uzi mags. ive been skimming some off the top of all my tax-free paychecks partin' out the rest of it (bbl, bolt, etc.) I might pick up that newfrontier 80%, like the asthetics better than the one I got. But as for finishing it, the one I started, I chucked it in a metal jig I have, and so far it was nothing different that doing a regular one. But im doing it on my high speed super high tech limited edition one of a kind Ryobi drill press.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    sniper yes I will ask em no problema. Not sure how that would work to tool up for those receivers and what it would take. Thing is their so busy just with what they have going now I am not sure if it would be financially feasible at this time? Tact. Machine has around 20+ employees going full tilt 5 days a week.

Most makers use a Broach to cut the magwell, so all it would take is a new broach cutter. OTOH, a glock mag is essentially straight sided without any ribs like the AR mag, so likely they could just cut it in with a long end mill and a few minutes longer in their CNC machining center. And there are 7 days in a week, they could crank out the Glocks on the weekends!

Another thought, could they delete the magwell cuts completely? Anyone with an actual mill could machine a Glock magwell in with a simple jig, and since magwells are allowed on "paperweights" no FFL would be needed to do the work.

Mag release? Stock Glock pushbutton or a right side "rocker" like Lone Wolf uses on theirs?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Files included?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.