80% receiver tips - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 80% receiver tips

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I just spot drill the two locations with a center drill and fill in the divots with model paint.

Attachment 48354
    I started doing that as well. Just finished my 3rd, the jig should pay for itself before long. Perfecting my milling, anodizing, and dyeing. This last one really looks awesome. If we have another panic I may replace and sell most of the ffl type receivers on my rifles with these and come out ahead.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Since I am a builder I have NEVER bought a Ar-15 ffl lower. I use Tactical Machine in florida that are pre-anodized.

I recently built a AR(LR)-308 with a blitzkrieg 80% lower, I borrowed a jig. My upper is a DPMS 16 " from midway with the AR-308 FCG , mags come from dpms 4rd & 10rd, 4rd for hunting. This will be my deer rifle for the everglades this year for now I have a Elcan on top a rugged scope for those long buggy rides,

last deer season( see pic) I used a ar-15 carbine with fixed stock and aimpoint on top, using TSX Barnes 72gr copper projectiles, regardless of the reviving reviews, I felt under powered
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Modulus!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

nice looking rig Sprat!
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm a member on Tactical Machines forum. Nice guys there. Still use Modulas Arms jig.If I ever get caught up i'll use TMs 80% 10-22 receiver and jig for something else the kids can inherit.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    Max- any tips or suggestions for doing an Ar-9 80% receiver (like this one https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/c...ck-style-mags/ )??

4th - maybe when your at tactical machine again you can ask them if they are going to make a receiver for a 9mm AR that will accept glock mags (or maybe one that could use beretta mags)? https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/c...ck-style-mags/ IT would be nice to have other options than just the 9mm lowers made by New Frontier Armory and QC10. Of course there is the expensive option from Angstadt Arms too https://angstadtarms.com/0940-receiver-set/
    I built an AR-9 with a TM 80% lower about 2 years ago. There is a magazine adapter for the high capacity 9mm Pistol mags and I found an unfinished 9mm AR barrel. I had it Ceracoated at a local place that is now out of business.

Like most of my builds, it was tested, cleaned, and packed away for safekeeping. I do not trust the future of our 2nd ammendment in this uncertain political climate we are now in. Ever more restrictions, and demands for even more bans and restrictions have me concerned for our nation and our freedoms.

I swore an oath to uphold the constitution, and to defend this country against all threats, foreign and domestic! I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum to feel this way.

Bob
    nutznboltz and AKarl_12 like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.