AR10 Bolt Carrier Quesion

Thread: AR10 Bolt Carrier Quesion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default AR10 Bolt Carrier Quesion

Looking to finish off putting together my first AR10. Last things needed are BCG and charging handle. Most I have found don't come with the grooves for the forward assist. All my AR15s have them. So my question is, for the .308/7.62x51, is this something most of you would care about?

Second, does anyone have a recommendation for a good deal on the parts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just saw an email from Alpha Shooting Sports. Nickel Boron 308 BCG, serations for bolt assist, for for $130 shipped. Ordered along with charging handle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

No experience with them, but from what I have read the .308 FAs don't work very well due to the force needed to chamber the round. Knight's tried to get a forward assist to work on their version and never did get it right so they left it off. OTOH, it ain't hurting anything being on there so might as well make it functional even if you do have to knock it against a tree to work it!

What upper and lower are you using? Unfortunately I can't find much compatibility lists showing what uppers fit which lowers. Or what the issues are if they don't match.

I got one of the Daytona Tactical 80% lowers a while back, figuring I would use their stripped upper and piece together the upper using a Faxon bbl. Now PSA has a really cheap upper with a SS bbl that is getting good accuracy reviews. The DT lower is supposed to be a DPMS compatible, first gen I believe. PSA has a gen 1 and gen 2 upper (this is a gen 2 I believe) but it is not the same as a DPMS generation and everyone says if you buy PSA go PSA for both pieces or you will have fitment problems. Then I read the only fit issue with the PSA is some lowers need the top of the buffer tube tower milled down a fraction to clear the PSA charging handle. Which is not an issue since I am milling out the lower anyway, just another cut. OTOH if it's takedown hole spacing/size or a contour mismatch on the upper/lower parting line I would be screwed. Very confusing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

the original AR-10 and AR-15 didn't have forward assists they really don't need them...and are a bad design...idea... the Military thought it up..

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.