Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Got a New Toy, the AR 57 upper.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gunnysmith View Post
    Hey will6970, let's see them.

More pics of these please

Feedback Score

Default AR-57 pdw work in progress

upper goes on as easy as humanly possible, due to abundance of rail add ons are a cinch. this is mine i put together for about $1500. zeroed red dot yesterday and seems like a very accurate and super fun setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

did you see my custom brass catcher for this set up?

Rich at Beltfedshooters.com made this for me and he's making me one out of a PKM can to double as a rest....

i love this gun.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Default brass catcher

very nice, a little bulky for my taste but thats the beauty of the ar-15 platform, like a wise man said,"thats why they make more than one flavor of ice cream."
    i said bulky, but looking at mine, it seems ive made a fat ass out of it anyway

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

saw a similar idea on another forum, they said if you took the follower and spring out of a standard 30 rounder it would catch an entire mags worth from the new upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Here's my 57 upper

Ordered it on a Sunday, got it on the following Tuesday.

Fit and finish were flawless. Very well made. Mine is the 11" model. The flashider goes on without a washer and buts up against a hex barrel end (for a socket wrench).

Had to get a little work done on the bolt to make it function correctly as 57 Center does not sell FA bolts to anyone and contrary to some rumors they don't ship them with the uppers either.

No malfunctions to date- probably only 300 rds or so- only 4 or 5 semi the rest full. Here it sits on a postie 16 lower, and yeah, there's a video-

It's a little 'thumpy' on full auto but I think a can and maybe a lighter buffer might help. The buffer that is shipped with the upper weighs 8.1oz :skep: The 57 buffer is longer than the stock carbine buffer so I'll have to monkey around a little and see what I can break. The longer buffer does not allow FA fire when the upper only is switched back to the 'other' M16 upper. Two round bursts were no problem. Couldn't manage singles (yet) but why would anyone want to when they have the option not to?

As of today, shooting 5.7 is actually cheaper than 5.56. Figure it this way- I just bought 2k rounds for $760 at the gunshow yesterday. That's $380/k. Already cheaper than 5.56. Also don't forget to figure in that there's a market for once fired brass- now you're really cheaper than 5.56. AND, you can actually FIND 5.7 at several places! It's a nice touch that the 57 upper spits the brass at your feet for easy pickup also-

Enjoy

YouTube - AR Five Seven 5.7 AR-15 Upper Full-Auto M16

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

yeah nice shorty on your gun....

gunartist77: yes the drum is a tad bulky and thats why he's now gonna make me the shorty box mag set up as it can double as a rest platform and its about 2" shorter in profile..

zoomzooom: the 30 round mag works ok... you still have to cut the top of the mag off jsut above the catch location or the upper will not close with the mag sticking up... also with a 30rnder ive noticed that as you get about halfway thru a 50rnd mag dump that they will start to bounce back up and every now and then one will bounce into the bolt as its coming forward.... so the drum or can works a little better.

my only complaint is that when shooting on concrete the brass gets mangled when it hits the ground with that much force.

love this toy.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 5 posts.
    this makes six

Feedback Score

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 5 posts.
    this makes seven

Feedback Score

this makes 8

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.